Thursday, September 29, 2011

SIGH

I would like to report back on our new BP gas credit card. It is working out well so far. The only draw back is that it is about $.05 a gallon more than the other stations around here. We are getting 5% back so we are still coming out ahead. At $4(ish) a gallon, we are still up $.015. But since we get better gas mileage when we use BP, Den figures that we are getting 3/4 of a gallon "extra" with the better gas mileage. Trying to figure it out is making my head spin but we are still up.
BP also, lets you choose if you want a gas gift card or cash back. So it will be even more money for Christmas.
If you are thinking about getting a gas card of any type, check at the station and online. The gas station offer was different than the one online. Who would have thunk it?
But all my finagling is for null, the white car is leaking gas all over. I'm pretty sure that it negates all savings when it runs out the bottom!
No Smoking Please,
SonyaAnn

18 comments:

Jane said...

Oh crap!! Is that something Den can fix himself?? But tell him don't use a blowtorch!
I have a gas card but the amount of $$ I get is very tiny, not sure of the %. I think I have close to a dollar now (just got it a few weeks ago but still...)

Mark said...

Don't you just hate it when gas runs out your bottom?
m.

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-I ordered the parts but the gas tank has to be empty to replace it. The problem is the tank has an anti- siphon devise. And since the gas gauge is broken, it should make for a good story for the blog.

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-You should seek help.

McVal said...

DRAT!!! Don't you have some duct tape or something???!

A.Marie said...

I'm with McVal....DUCK TAPE IT, BABY!!! :)

I'm with Mark...It's just no good when gas is a runnin' out the ol' behinder!!! ;)

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-Remind me not to buy your used cars.

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-I don't want your cars either!

judy said...

Im of the theory that any leakage out of your bottom is bad but that could be because of the three children I have had..you know sneeze to hard..laugh to hard...

Hope you fix it soon

Judy

SonyaAnn said...

Jusy-Hahaha!
I think that everyone that comes to see me has a few issues, health or mental.

Michelle P said...

I've been thinking about getting a gas card, I should go through with that.

And I hope you fix that problem!

SonyaAnn said...

Michelle P-Thank you for coming to see me!!
It is working out well for us. I mean you are going to pay for gas anyways you might as well get something back.
And I hope that we get it fixed too and soon!

Michelle P said...

No problem! I like your blog. I have a blog reading addiction!

Frances said...

We used to have a couple of gas cards with no rewards. Now we use our other rewards cards to pay for gas.

Hope you fix your leaky bottom soon.

SonyaAnn said...

Michelle P-At least you have a cheap addiction!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I really can't see living without credit cards. As long as you can pay it off, why not take the free rewards.

Frances said...

I'm with you, SonyaAnn. We didn't use credit cards for several years, then found a couple of rewards cards and now use them for everything. We always pay them in full each month. We haven't paid a penny in interest since we got them. And the rewards are great.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I really think that I will be able to come up with enough money for Christmas like this next year.