Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Gas and Donna Freedman

This is what it looks like when a car gives birth. It's not a pretty sight. I had hoped for another car. You know maybe something in red and a convertible. Who would have guessed that when a car gives birth it's to a man? And a smelly one at that!
Den fixed the white car! YAY Den. It was a miserable job, it took him 6 hours. But the good news is we are getting much better gas mileage now that there isn't a hole in the gas tank.
The problem that he had was there was still quite a bit of gas left in the tank. He drove it all week to use it up but there was still some left. At least, half a gallon of gas ran down his arm and on his chest while he was trying to get the tank loose. I did my wifely job of cheering him on and offering him a cigarette. Like I have always said, I am good to that man. He also did not want the blowtorch. Pussy.
My problem was getting the gas out of his clothes. I washed them in hot water with dish soap but it didn't help. Then I had a little idea, I poured a ton of Pine-Sol on it. I soaked it in hot water with the Pine-Sol. It was the new outdoor fresh scent. That worked wonders! I just wouldn't recommend drying it in the dryer.
I told the wonderful and vivacious Donna Freedman about our little gas adventure and she offered to sponsor a giveaway on my blog! I told you I know famous people!!
Since I am not going to be in touch for a while, I figured that I should leave you with something to do. Everyone that follows me please leave one smart-assed comment everyday for the next 7 days and I will pick my favorite and send you a coupon for 1 free bottle of Pine-Sol. So once again, you can leave one comment a day for the next 7(ish) days and I'll pick my favorite. I'm not quite sure when I will get back in to the swing of blogging but it should be about a week give or take a few.
Good luck and wish me well,
SonyaAnn
PS The giveaway is closed!


22 comments:

DeeDee said...

you didnt offer him a beer?! you need to go back to wife training ;)

Mark said...

That car should have had a c-section. It looks like it's having a breech birth.
m.

D.Lynn said...

Wishing you a fun filled trip - Don't do anything that I wouldn't do! Btw - it gives you lots of options - don't worry!

McVal said...

LOL! Have a wonderful trip and I hope the car holds out for you. Oh and where's the baby? It should be, like a.. moped or something, right?

slugmama said...

Well I always knew Donna was full of something.....now I know!....it's Gas!
I bet if she laid off the Jersey tomatoes and TastyKakes it would subside......

Sheila said...

Good luck! FYI, I've read that baby oil works to remove the gas (petrol) smell from clothing too ;)

slugmama said...

Here's my Day 2 comment.....
Have a fun trip to Vegas!
Just remember to stay off hotel roofs. Bad things happen when you go up on roofs with adult beverages and your buddies.

McVal said...

Ready for a glass of wine...
Or to whine...

Sheila said...

I hope what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas ;)

Frances said...

I hope you do something wicked in Vegas. I like to live vicariously through you.

Jill said...

Glad the car is fixed...man and all... :-) Have a fabulous time!!

Blessings,
Jill

McVal said...

Don't look now, but your car might be named Christine...

Sheila said...

Have a fab abs ulous Friday!

slugmama said...

I drove my the power plant today and thought of you and your 'corn'.....are you sure you didn't grow it in radioactive soil?lol

Donna Freedman said...

What's depressing is that I got second billing to...gas.
:-(

Sheila said...

Do you miss us? LOL!

slugmama said...

And no, you can NOT bring Spongebob home.....

Val said...

Just thinking of you. Wondering if you're able to leave Las Vegas...
Wasn't that a movie?

Frances said...

Missing you!

slugmama said...

I don't know if that photo looks more like a car giving birth to a mechanic or if it's some kind of trans-species/trans-mechanical sex thing.....
Hey!, it's been a week! I'm running out of ideas here.
Get your ASS HOME LADY!!!

McVal said...

I think your car might need a laxative...

McVal said...

I think you forgot someone on your trip. Um, he's under the car.