Monday, October 10, 2011

I Want To Be Cool

What to talk about, what to talk about?
I didn't post about it but I spent some time with the wonderful Donna Freedman! She was in town the beginning of October for Financial Bloggers Conference.Yes, I really am that popular. I was going to meet her at a hotel(hmmm, this post is headed downhill already) and then we were going to wander around Schaumburg. To be honest, we went to Woodfield mall. Seems almost sacrilegious to drag her there but we only got pretzels so we didn't sin by spending a ton of money(she paid so I was a cheap date). And since I'm not real familiar with the town that's how we ended up there.
She called me before I got there and asked if I would meet her and a few other people at a posh restaurant. Sure. The thing is I ended up with some of the most famous bloggers on the web. I sat with and spoke with Will Chen, Flexo, Carrie Kirby  from Wise Bread and that was just a few(my memory is shot). They were so kind and SMART. It was wonderful and felt great to talk about things so close to my heart. It was a bit intimidating at first but I quickly got over it. I felt like I had been invited to peek into the "cool kid's club." It was glorious. I wonder if this is how impressive people feel?
On a less impressive note, I got $3 from PineCone so I'm at the grand total of $325 for Christmas. I did spend $54 on 8 movie tickets that I can hand out. I can give someone(probably will go to Anna's friends or some of the "younger" ones in the family) a $6.75 movie ticket that is worth $12 and a $10 gift card from Subway that I paid $5 for. So I'll give a gift worth $22 but I will have only spent $11.75. And actually, I spent nothing because it was all free money. How's that for stretching a buck!!!
I'm going to have to sit down and decide who is getting what. I've been buying but I haven't designated anything to anyone yet. Having free gifts to give out, isn't something I will complain about.
And when I do go to Vegas, I have an awesome and funny giveaway thanks to Donna Freedman. She is going to kill me over the title. I laughed all the way home over this one.
Have a great day,
SonyaAnn




10 comments:

McVal said...

You are SOO cool! I want to sit at the cool kids table too! But I'm relegated to the little kids table.
I fit there best...

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-HAHAHAHA!!!!!! I still have to wear a bib!

Mark said...

Wow! I've been gone a couple of weeks and you moved from the band buddies to the Cheerleaders table in no time flat. Do you have an Ancient Chinese Secret that I need to know about?
Hope you've been well.
Your Friend, m.

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-Does this mean that you don't want me anymore?

Jill said...

How exciting! You're moving up in the world, lol. Sounds like a great time, I would be excited too.
Have a great week.

Blessings,
Jill

SonyaAnn said...

Jill-It was a lot of fun!
Thank you for coming to see me.

Frances said...

Now I know one of the cool kids! Yeah!

Donna Freedman said...

And here I've been telling everyone, "Guess who I sat with the other day? Sonya Ann! Yeah! THE Sonya Ann! No, I'm not making it up."
Had a great time. Hope you did, too.
Re Woodfield Mall: Remember, we've been kicked out of better places than that.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-You are the one I long to be like!

SonyaAnn said...

Donna-We should get kicked out of there again! ;)
And no one will ever think I'm famous! Except my imaginary friends, they rock!