Monday, October 24, 2011

Snot a Problem


I think I have mentioned in the past how wonderful and thoughtful Donna Freedman is. She really does go out of her way to save the world even their sinus cavities. I told her the last time she was here, how I still have terrible headaches and get very dizzy when I turn my head. Not only can she help you stay out of debt, she is a doctor too. She may even be willing to play doctor with you, all you have to do is ask.  She told me how a company sent her a SinuSense turbo neti pot and would I like it.Yes, thank you!
I was so excited to try this. This little sucker could be the answer to all of my problems. I asked DJ to help me cut the box open and when he saw what it was volunteered himself as my assistant.  Maybe not an assistant but a heckler. I did not let him dampen my excitement.
Our conversation went something like this......
DJ-Let me get this straight, you are heating salt water and pouring it into a squirt gun that is battery operated?
Me-Something like that, DJ.
DJ-I'm so taping this for You Tube(He flops down on the toilet to get a better look at me)
Me-Piss off, get out!
DJ-I wouldn't miss this for the world.
Me-(I shove the thing up my nose and just give him a dirty look)
DJ-(laughingly) I have a question.
Me-(with the thing in my nose) WHAT?
DJ-Can't you drown on a few tablespoons of water?
Me-(still with said Neti pot in my nostril) I think so, I don't know. Why?
DJ-That thing has 8 ounces of microwaved salt water in it, what's to stop you from drowning?
Here is where I said nothing because honestly, I didn't have an answer. In fact, I was getting a bit scared and DJ wasn't helping at all. He was making it worse. But I decided that I wanted my health and was willing to try anything.
I flipped the switch. A few things happened at once, my eyeballs bulged a bit, the noise from the pump reverberated through my head and my head filled with water and desperately looked for an escape. All that said, it was quite refreshing in a VERY odd sort of way. It didn't hurt at all and really wasn't that bad. It wasn't fun but it wasn't terrible. The amazing thing is my head feels so much better today, honestly. I'm going to keep this up just not with DJ around. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with sinus problems. Today, is the first day that my ears aren't popping either.
DJ also, enjoyed the SinuSense turbo neti pot just for other reasons. He laughed until he had to rock back and forth. I was just glad that the rushing water in my head drowned him out. When it was all said and done he said, "God bless you, I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard. You made the throw up face the entire time. That was great."
Ahhhh, teenagers you have to love them. The thing he doesn't realize is the next time he gets a head cold I'm using it on him.
TMI,
SonyaAnn

8 comments:

slugmama said...

I don't care what DJ says, you will LOVE your neti pot so much you will want to make love to it!
Not only will it keep your head unclogged, use it twice a day to keep from getting sick. All those germies that get sucked up into your nostrils need to be flushed out before they get past the hairs in your nose into your system. I haven't had a sinus infection or a cold is ages and that's because of my neti pot....did I mention I LOVE my neti pot?lol

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-You know how many health problems I have and I pray this helps. I have to say that I do feel a bit better, I just hope that it holds out. I didn't do real well with the little spray can after a while, it caused headaches.
And I think you love your neti pot!

Frances said...

I need to try one of these. I know a lot of people swear by them. I am glad it worked for you. Next time, lock DJ out of the bathroom.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I can't believe how much better I am today. I pray that this keeps up.

D.Lynn said...

I don't have a neti pot but I do have one of those saline nasal kits with the bottle that sprays it up your nose (in a good sort of way). It really does help and like Sluggy said, keep using it, even when you feel better. Glad you're back safe and sound/sober :)

Donna Freedman said...

You know how at summer camp your bunkmates threaten to wait until you're sleeping and then put your hand in a glass of warm water? I think you should wait until DJ's asleep and then use the turbo-neti pot on him. While Den tapes it for YouTube, of course.
You don't actually have to DO this. Just THREATEN to do it. He'll sleep with one eye open. Payback's a bitch.
Incidentally, I have one correction: The neti pots were in the goodie bags at BlogHer, and not only did Abby let me have hers, I picked up a couple more at the "swag swap" room (there were DOZENS of them discarded there).
I gave one pot to you, one to a friend and one to a friend's dad. I'm giving away the last one on my website, so stay tuned.
Hey, you could enter in DJ's name and if he wins, wrap it up as a Christmas present!
P.S. I only play doctor with TSA agents at the airport. One of them got to second base with me the time I had just fallen down the steps and couldn't walk through the scanner without the crutches. The agent was very courteous and professional, but I believe she owes me dinner.

SonyaAnn said...

D.Lynn-I do feel a bit better, I'm so thankful. When we get a weather change that is when my sinuses really act up. I hope this helps with it.
And being this sober isn't all that it is cracked up to be.

SonyaAnn said...

Donna Freedman-LAUGHING! I do believe that you missed your calling in life.
Haha, DJ has a head cold! I'm going to hose out his sinus cavity tonight. He said that it isn't happening but we shall see. Little bastard, I'm just trying to help him.
I had no idea that there could even be a swag swap! Awesome idea, I learn something new every day. Too bad you didn't grab more, next time you will know. You could use one in each nostril.
I got felt up and a plane ride the last time I flew out of Chicago. It was awesome, I winked at her and she did have a nice rack.
I would wait at least three days before you call your new girlfriend. You don't want to seem eager.