Monday, October 31, 2011

True Story


This is a Halloween tale just for you. This really did happen to me. So sit back, drink your coffee and realize just how messed up I am. Oh and that isn't a picture of DJ.
Many, many moons ago when I was 9 months pregnant with DJ this happened to me. I still can't forget it.
Den and I went to bed like any other night. A quick kiss and he was off to sleep, I was left to try and find a comfortable position since I was so pregnant. I tossed and turned a bit but finally drifted off.
A few hours later, I awoke to someone talking to Den in the bedroom. I didn't recognize the voice but Den was talking to him in a soft whisper. The man speaking was upset but quiet. I was careful to keep my breathing the same even though I was panicking inside. Why was someone in our bedroom and why was Den talking to him? I continued to listen. I had to strain a bit but I could just barely make it out over my breathing. This is what I heard.
The man-"This is the first fetus that has made it this far."
Den-"Yes my lord and everything is going as planned. There are no complications."
The man-"You are tracking everything?"
Den-"Yes, I have reported everything."
The man-"You will report to us as soon as the child is born?"
Den-"Yes, I will do it immediately."
The man-"This is so exciting, this will be the first alien/human child on this planet."
Den-"I'm as excited as you are."
I fought desperately with myself not to open my eyes. I couldn't believe that I had been betrayed by Den. I heard them say their goodbyes. I fought to control my breathing. I tried to open my eyes ever so slightly but I still couldn't get a glimpse of the man as he left. I was covered in sweat and could feel it running down my neck and onto the pillow. I had to protect myself and my unborn child. But what kind of child was I carrying? Every thought raced through my head. That's when Den spoke.
Den-"I know you are awake."
I continued to regulate my breathing.
Den-"Open your eyes and see me in my true form."
I fought with myself that this couldn't be real and that it was all a dream. I opened my eyes and there before me was an alien with huge gray eyes, a small mouth and a huge head. I snapped my eyes shut. Fear raced through me. I laid there a little longer trying to get my heart rate under control. I forced myself to open my eyes again. I knew that this was only a dream. The bed was soaked in sweat and I was getting chilled. I opened my eyes and Den was his normal self. It was a dream. I felt so relieved. I laughed at how stupid I was and went back to sleep.
The next morning, I told Den the entire story with a smile. He said when I had finished, "You weren't meant to hear that."
Happy Halloween,
SonyaAnn

12 comments:

Mark said...

My sympathy goes out to your children. How did they ever make it?
m.

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-They are aliens so they are a tough breed.

slugmama said...

Well Den is male, so he qualifies as alien...lol

Sheila said...

@ Sluggy, LOL

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-he is male most of the time.

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-Thanks for coming to see me!

Jane said...

For about six months twenty years ago a doctor prescribed Xanax to me for a bout of depression - I had similar "dreams" like you describe however I WAS AWAKE!! I think they were really hallucinations - I still shiver to think about them! Let this be a warning to you all - DON'T TAKE XANAX!!!
Good story SonyaAnn!!

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-That is sooo scary! A dream is one thing, being awake and trapped in a dream is another thing.

Frances said...

I love Den! That was hilarious.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-He has his moments.

Jenny Woolf said...

heehee! little did they realise YOU were the alien!

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-DJ is the alien. LOL, well half.