Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Christmas is Close

Well Christmas is a bit too close for me! I'm kicking myself for not starting sooner. I have always saved gift cards for presents and the points from one of our credit cards for Christmas but nothing like this before. Next year, I promise that I will do better by you. So here is where we are...................
I have $286.93 in the fund.  I got $5 for testing a dishwasher product. $3 from Pinecone and $50 from our BP card! The 10% on gas and 2% on everything else is going to end soon, it will be a sad day in this house but I think that I have about worn out my welcome! And don't forget that the numbers probably won't jive because I still have more gifts on the way(I don't count them on the list until I have them in my little hands). I have earned $478 so far!!!! 

2-$20 G.C. Chili's(paid $10 each)
2 $25G.C  Boston Market(paid $15 each)
4 $15 Rain Forest G.C. (paid $7.50 each)
3 $10 On the Border/Chili's/Macaroni Grill/Maggiano's G.C.(paid $5 each)
1 $25 GameStop G.C(free)
8 $12 movie tickets($6.75 each)
1 $25 Olive Garden G.C. (free)
4 $10 Subway G.C.($5 each)1 $15 Auto Zone G.C.(free)

I've paid $169(paid for with free money) for $381 worth of gift cards. And that isn't including the $126.92 worth of gifts in the gift closet that I got at 90% off at Cracker Barrel and that were free because I paid with gift cards.
No Christmas songs yet,
SonyaAnn

4 comments:

slugmama said...

I will be interested to see, when it's all said and done, how much you actually spent OP on your Xmas gift list.
I have cc points to cash in for gift cards here to the tune of about $400 in cards. The problem is that except for #1 son and Hubs, nobody else wants gift cards to any of the places I can get them for!
I guess I could just cash in for whatever gift cards and then go sell them at Plastic Jungle or cash but seems like a lot of work for nothing.
I want easy and cheap by gosh!lolol

slugmama said...

I also meant to say that I want to see what your OOP spending is compared to the value of your gifts given....what percentage you saved doing all this.
I bet it will be quite awesome!

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-I'm interested and hopeful that I can get Christmas done for super cheap. I can do better next year. Shhh, don't tell anyone but I'm going to be in MSN again cuz of my "deals." If only the readers would follow!
What kind of gift cards can you get? Maybe we could trade. Or can you get cash?

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-And you can check my math!!! I can't wait to see what I get everything for either.