Monday, November 28, 2011

Hung By the.............


I was thinking that I should take up knitting for Christmas. I just don't think that Den would be that interested. Anyways, I'm just not as talented as McVal and I would end up with one big knot. I don't think that Den would be very happy if I wrapped yard around his....ummmm......Christmas gifts. It would probably put him in a bad mood. I'm not going to write this gift completely off though, maybe my father in law would like it.
I really need to stop posting these naughty pictures before my Christmas lists. No one even pays attention to the amazing deals that I am getting. Sigh.
I have a grand total of $56.58 in the Christmas fund. Someone needs to stuff my stocking soon! I'm running low. Another sigh. But I have earned $503 this year in free money not including free gifts or gift cards. I've paid $447.89 for everything below. The numbers won't match up because I still have a few things that are going to be coming in soon. I don't count it until I have it and it is stuffed into the gift closet. Putting things in the closet is like playing tetris on steroids at this point.
Here is what I have had come in,
1 $25 Omaha Steak gift card for $21.25 
1 Melissa and Doug decorate your own race car(not impressed) for $6.20 was $17.19, 69% savings
1 Melissa and Doug decorate your own train(still not impressed) for $6.20 was $17.19, 69% savings
1 Radio Flyer scooter for $33.20 was $65.99, 49% savings
1 doodle track car set for $11.83 was $14.95, 21% savings

This is what the list looks like now with everything added in.

2-$20 G.C. Chili's(paid $10 each)
2 $25G.C  Boston Market(paid $15 each)
4 $15 Rain Forest G.C. (paid $7.50 each)
5 $10 On the Border/Chili's/Macaroni Grill/Maggiano's G.C.(paid $5 each)
1 $25 GameStop G.C(free)
1 $25 Omaha Steak G.C( free from My Points)
1 $25 Omaha Steak gift card for $21.25 
 1 $10 Steak and Shake G.C. ($5.99)
8 $12 movie tickets($6.75 each)
1 $25 Olive Garden G.C. (free)
4 $10 Subway G.C.($5 each)
1 $15 Auto Zone G.C.(free)
1 $10 Burger King G.C($6.99)
1 $10 Target G.C(free)
1 $4 LA Tan (worth $15. 73% off)
1 $12 LA Tan (worth $30. 60% off)
1 Disney Movie(worth $28.99, free from Disney Movie rewards)
1 Sports Illustrated subscription for $2
1 Time magazine subscription for $2
2 lg wooden puzzles $5each. $10 for both
1 foam activity $9.99.
8 wood catapults $.79 each. $6.32
4 race cars $1 each. $4
2 wood puzzles $1 each.$2
1 paint poster $1
1 plaster magnet $1.
1 tissue paper kit $1
1 Melissa and Doug decorate your own race car(not impressed) for $6.20 was $17.19, 69% savings
1 Melissa and Doug decorate your own train(still not impressed) for $6.20 was $17.19, 69% savings
1 Radio Flyer scooter for $33.20 was $65.99, 49% savings
1 doodle track car set for $11.83 was $14.95, 21% savings Plus all of the stuff in the gift closet from Cracker Barrel. That goes something like this...................
8 Light up ceramic car(4.50 each)
3 Xmas Stocking, dish towel, door hanger set thingy($3.90 each set)
2 Xmas Angel($4.50 each)
4 kids Xmas purses ($2.40 each)
2 silver Xmas tree($5.40 each)
1 lg Santa($9.00)
6 Xmas frame($3.00 each)
1 Xmas platter($5.40)

So let's add this up, I have paid $447.89 for $2014.82 worth of stuff. I've saved 77.77% on everything that I have purchased. Or 100% savings because because I used all the free money that I have gathered. Now if only the US government would try to save money as hard as I do.
You better appreciate this one cuz it took me forever to figure all these numbers!!
Still love you even though you are work,
SonyaAnn


16 comments:

Sheila said...

Note to self:
DO NOT take a sip of coffee while viewing SonyaAnn's post pics.

McVal said...

What?? You had deals? Oh and I don't knit! I don't have the patience for it...
But I could make an exception in this case...

Sheila said...

LMAO McVal!

Jill said...

Sounds like you are all nice and organized with Christmas! ;-) Right now I have a wallet full of receipts to sort through. I actually got an email from someone showing these pics in a wide variety....lol. Have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

Frances said...

I don't knit either. But wouldn't it be fun to have all the fittings to make sure you were making this right?

Jane said...

Good one! I should know by now what to expect but I still burst out laughing at that one.
On another note - doesn't wool itch?

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-No one even sees the great deals anymore. Sorry about spitting, I could do so much with that.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-Please try and figure this one out for me! PLEASE!

SonyaAnn said...

Jill-I think that I may upset you the most with my terrible pictures. I can just see you panicking if your little ones even tried to walk in the room as you were reading my blog!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I like where your head is. Hmmmmm

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-Hmmmmm we need to find a volunteer to see if it itches.

Donna Freedman said...

Knit one, PURRRRRR two.
I'm surprised no one's made a comment about balls of yarn.
Oh, and just FYI, a store in downtown Anchorage has fur jockstraps in the window. I once heard them referred to as "peter heaters."

SonyaAnn said...

Donna Freedman-Hahaha, peter heaters!
I need a little writing advice. Why is everyone missing the point of my posts?LOL

D.Lynn said...

I think your writing is just fine... you saved a lot of money (blah, blah, blah). ;)
Seriously though, I want to be adopted by you. List=very impressive. Pic=even more impressive.

SonyaAnn said...

D.Lynn-I want another child so come on over but I will probably mess you up like the other two!

SonyaAnn said...

D.Lynn-I want another child so come on over but I will probably mess you up like the other two!