Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hole

This post is an utter waste of your time, feel free to leave. I'm a void. Since I have nothing great to write about I will give you a few fun facts about me.
  • I am writing my 3rd book. The second one will never see the light of day, it is too violent against women. I have issues but you know this.
  • I will never finish my 3rd book. It just won't end.
  • I have a love/hate relationship with writing. I'm not very good at it but believe that I will improve eventually. When I try to stop writing, a voice in my head won't stop nagging. 
  • Yes, I hear voices.
  • It's easier for me to write books than blog.
  • I'm like Mark and don't know the difference between then and than.
  • In high school an English teacher told me in front of the class that I should stick with writing my name and not stories.
  • I never read a book until I was a sophomore in high school. It was the first book in the myth series by Robert Asprin.
  • Robert Asprin is my favorite writer and I also love Steven King.
  • Dear Robert sent me a signed hard copy of one of his books before it came out as a Christmas present. He died not too long after.
  • I didn't know how to read until 4th grade.
  • I was so far advanced in math in grade school that they had to bring a junior high teacher in.
  • Donna Freedman is my hero. I strive to be a better writer and person because of her.
  • I have never written a post with bullets. At least, I think that is what the dots are called. 
  • When my inlaws fight, my MIL gives away my FIL's toilet paper.
I think that is all the boring information that you need to know about me.
Run away,
SonyaAnn





20 comments:

D.Lynn said...

Not running... I'm staying put and loving every minute of it! And as far as the writing thing goes, just be your own spirit - that's what creativity is all about. The most creative geniuses of our time had clinical diagnoses and it was probably because of that, that they were brilliant. We can get boring anywhere, don't change a thing! :)

Jill said...

I enjoy getting to know more about you! I find that so interesting that you didn't learn to read until 4th grade. What a blessing that you did. :-)My advice finish the book...you'll be glad you did. Don't doubt yourself...go forth in life with all you have...it's too short not too!

Blessings,
Jill

Annie said...

I think it's cool that your bullets look like bullets in my reader, but look like check marks on your blog.

If you have a story, tell it. Don't worry about the writing. That is what editors are for.

Or should that be, "that is for which editors are"? ;)

McVal said...

LOOLOL!! Seriously? Your MIL gives away your FIL's toilet paper?? What does SHE use then? than?
Oh honey... don't you know your life is much better than a train wreck? I just.can't.look.away...
The voices in my head tell me to read your blog.

SonyaAnn said...

D.Lynn-I was pretty sure that admitting to soooo many flaws at once would scare everyone. And my clinical diagnosis would be insanity. I'm ok with it.

SonyaAnn said...

Jill-Thank you for always being so uplifting and sweet. I think that is your gift! Mine is mental illness.

SonyaAnn said...

Annie-I would never have known the difference if it wasn't for you. Now we can die complete people.
I just need to find an editor. LOL. Well I have a cousin that will help. God bless her cuz she doesn't know what she has gotten herself into.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-I got so much comfort from the fact that you hear voices too. Mine have been talking about chocolate ice cream a lot.
And my inlaws are the most generous and kind people that I have ever met. That said, they are funny as hell. My FIL just retired and it is hysterical at time.

Jane said...

Well that was both fun and interesting! No wonder you do what you do with your Christmas spending/saving - you are a mathematical genius! Have you thought about writing a math textbook or non-fiction about your savings methods??

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Don't worry about the voices... it's normal(I think). Just try not to talk back to them in public. People start to get the wrong idea. Trust me... I know from experience.

slugmama said...

Your 3rd book must be like that song my kids use to sing, "the song that never ends".

I hear voices and when yours talk real loud, I can also hear your voices too!

So this high school English teacher?....what award winning thing did he/she write? Nothing I bet.

If I ever write a book, remind me NEVER to give you a signed copy, especially if I ever become your fav. writer.lol

A math genius huh? So does that make you and Den Pinky and the Brain?

I thought I was your hero.

Please tell me your MIL gives away the tp BEFORE your FIL uses it....ick!

Donna Freedman said...

So what you're saying is that you killed Robert Asprin???

Judy said...

Um I hear voices and sometimes I even answer them... :) So basically your as normal as the rest of us. And I love your blog so keep on writing

Frances said...

Never believe teachers that tell you you cannot do something. I am sure they think they mean well, but they can stunt a person's potential.

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-"mathematical genius" I'm so far from it. LOL I just loved it. They said that one part of my brain developed faster than the other and they hoped that the part that was the "reading" part would catch up.
My brain is lopsided.

SonyaAnn said...

Christina - Rant Rave Roll-My voices back talk a lot. I should name them after my daughter.

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-I guess that it feels like it has been so long because my 2nd book was 500+ pages so it has been a long time since I had one come out.
My voices are rude-so sorry.
That English teacher was a monster. Why do they even let people like that around our kids?
I probably won't kill you, probably.
"A math genius huh?"_I think you have me beat with the way you can track everything.
You are my hero! Forever and always.
The good thing is she gives it to us, unused. LOL

SonyaAnn said...

Donna Freedman-I thought that we agreed not to talk about that. Please don't upset me, you don't know what I'm capable of.

SonyaAnn said...

Judy-Thank you for the bloggy love. Are your voices rude to you?

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I just never understood why some of them stayed teachers if they hated children so much.