Monday, January 2, 2012

The Year of..................................


I'm really hoping that this will be the year of SonyaAnn. I feel oddly different. I don't know if it had something to do with me turning 40 or that I had a decent Christmas. I'm just hoping that 2012 is my year. I'm not even going to bring up the fact that the intake manifold gasket went out on Anna's car. For those of you that aren't so hot with cars, intake manifold gasket is sort of the head gasket. Or for the really lost when it comes to cars, Anna's motor has to be taken apart. We got lucky and there is a "patch" of sorts. For $40, we should be able to make it until the summer. There was a flaw in the gaskets that Chevy made for that model. There is a metal replacement now. This is the third time it has had to be fixed. It's only a $100(ish) job if you can do it yourself. Well if Den can do it, I'll just bring him a beer and tell him he is sexy. That works, wish I had figured that out years ago.
I hope that this is your year too,
SonyaAnn

14 comments:

Mark said...

You should just buy a brand new car and be done with it. Just go pick out a car and write a check for it. How hard is that? ha!
Do me a solid and get me a picture of Den fixing that car. Maybe I'll even chip in to pay for that gasket of Anna's.
Yes, I hope that this is a SonyaAnn year too. So far, that's two votes!
You're on a roll!
m.

Annie said...

Just popping in to say, "I'm back!"

(and now you're saying, "Oh, shit!")

Sheila said...

Only 40? You're a puppy :) Happy New Year!

Frances said...

This definitely will be the year of SonyaAnn.

Tell Den we ALL think he is sexy when working on the car. Get him to do it shirtless and he can be a "Fab Abs Friday" pinup! Tell him to look extra sexy so Mark will pick up the whole tab. :-)

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-Yup, I'll just write a check. I do it all the time, mind you I'm a wanted criminal but.....
Den will be flattered that you want a pic of him but he may need to do a few sit ups 1st. DON'T TELL HIM I SAID THAT!

SonyaAnn said...

Annie-I missed you bad, It hurt a little.

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-God bless you but I feel like an old bitch.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-You are witty and a genius. Being right all of the time is a curse we must bare.

slugmama said...

Yay, she's back!
How's the hangover SA?lol

I swear it hurt my fingers to type yesterday, plus the clacking was too LOUD!!! ;-)

Of course it's your year my dear....we'll be here to cheer you on!

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-I was a mess on the 1st! UGH, I did bad things to myself. And I'll probably do more this year.
Thank you I think that it is my year too. I hope that we all have a great year.

Donna Freedman said...

If you're an old bitch, then I'm a REALLY old bitch: Just turned 54 in December.
Remember that youth and vigor will always be overcome by age and treachery.

SonyaAnn said...

Donna-What about a drink and a day at the spa? I think that will overcome age and misery, too.

Donna Freedman said...

You misunderstand me: I mean that we old and treacherous broads will triumph over younger, vigorous wimmen.
That said, I sure wouldn't mind a spa day.

SonyaAnn said...

Donna-I got it but we need a few more drinks. Everything is better with Boones.