Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Butt Biting


Have you ever written a post and then had it come back to bite you in the butt? God, I hope this isn't one of those posts. Has this ever happened to you? The exact opposite happened after you hit the publish button?
Anywho, to the real story.........................
Things have certainly changed a bit here at A Mom, Money, and More since I started it. Anna has changed so much. I wish that I could send this little post back to myself say when the lovely child was 16. I probably would have dismissed it completely. She was the devil back then I was sure of it. All drama and mouth. She still reverts every once in a while but there is a pleasant side to her and I get to see more and more of it. She has even backed me up a few times when DJ and I have locked horns. I never would have seen that one coming. She said to me after one nasty fight with DJ, "If he would just shut his mouth, it would have blown over. Instead, he just made it worse for himself." I laughed really hard, she looked shocked and hurt. She said, "I never acted that bad." I laughed all the harder.
Anna came home a few weekends ago FOR AN INTERVIEW for a job for the summer. Holy shit! She found said job all on her own and coordinated everything even wrote a very good resume. How things have changed. The bad new is 200 people applied for 20 job openings. And would you like to know the job? Summer Camp. Yes, the shit jobs from our youth are now highly sought after. And it wasn't even posted online or in the newspaper. It was just word of mouth and that mouth traveled to 200 people. Needless to say, she is going to try for some other jobs. She is studying to be a teacher and had quite a bit of time with students and special ed. students so she is hoping that will help her get a job at a camp. God, when I was her age they NEVER had enough people to fill the slots. How things have changed.
She has been saying how she is broke and has bills to pay. HAHAHA! Next year, she is going to have her own apartment. When my SIL went to school there they rented the apartments for 2 semesters now it is a full year lease. Her boyfriend(that we really like and Den hasn't tried to shoot-I'm taking that as a good sign) has an apartment now. He is going to stay at the school for the summer and work. He said that its silly for him to move back home and work and still have to pay for the apartment. I'm just afraid that Anna will end up doing the same thing. I do want her home for the summer, I just want DJ gone. Shhhh, don't tell him I said that.
How much do you want to bet that by the end of the summer I will be wishing Anna back to school? Refer back to the opening paragraph.
Have a great day,
SonyaAnn



12 comments:

Annie said...

I hope things work out well if/when Anna moves back in.

I think the moving in and out thing is very stressful, both as a parent and when I was a teen myself. My daughter moved in and out about a five times between the ages of 16 and 18. I thought I'd lose my mind, but didn't have the will to not let her come back when she needed to.

slugmama said...

The town were #1 son goes to school the off-campus apartments ONLY rent per semester(s), NOT a full yr. And he needs a REAL apt. lease so he can stay out there for his job and work this summer(he has a new job working with clients at a care facility where he can't live on-site) and have a place to live come Fall for his last year.
So he is going to have to work at camp again(room and board included)and find an apt. in a nearby town instead where he can get a 1 yr. lease in Aug.
Luckily his GF has a car and will be living with him and she goes to the same school so they can work with this. And when he graduates, he can ramp up his care facility job for summer 2013 and make some $$ before the next step in his live.

My kids have always worked at summer camps. Oldest who is going to be a Senior and is an Education major works with the "special populations" at camp. Basically it's a respite care program for the mentally/physically challenged from eastern Ohio at the YMCA camp. They are always looking for qualified people to work in that area of the camp. Tell Anna if her job doesn't work out to try them!

Mark said...

Look at you, despite everything, you turned out a great daughter. I think I'll sign you up for America's Top Mom. But, while the contest is in progress, don't strangle DJ!
m.

McVal said...

LOL! And the failed to launch return... Welcome to the club chick!
But seriously... I hope you both have a great summer!

SonyaAnn said...

Annie-It's all the stuff that she is dragging back and forth that will kill ya. We have to store stuff at my MILs and ours. We have to start gathering for the apartment. It would be nice if she could just stay the next few years in the same apartment so I wouldn't have to drag junk back and forth. I'm not going to bet on it.

Anonymous said...

sluggy-I think that we live in a really bad place. North of Chicago. We don't have jobs here. And the funny thing is my grandparents migrated to this area because of all of the jobs that were here back in the day. Abbott labs was the one that hired people all the time. My grandma and my dad both retired from there very wealthy. Now it is shutting down and letting people go. It is so sad. There is not a lot of work here. We may end up migrating back to the small town that my grandpa came from. Think farm land and cows. But they are starting to mine now and are begging for people. Odd how that works.
You are lucky that your kids have had good luck finding places to work. Anna has been looking into temp companies but the prob is they will send her an hour to an hour and a half away. It will just cost too much in gas especially if we hit $5 a gallon this summer. I have been looking for a few more kids to babysit. Maybe that will be the way to go.

SonyaAnn said...

mark-I'm not done yet. My MIL keeps telling me that it never ends when you have kids. I'm hoping that she has dementia .

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-Well if Anna can't find a job and babysits HERE for the summer it probably won't be a good summer.

Mamma has spoken said...

Oh I have been there! Then they came home and now I can't get them to move out! Of course my hubby tells me it's because I have the best bed and breakfast in town and it's all free....

Frances said...

We must be the meanest parents on earth. Our kids all moved out and have not come back. We like it!

SonyaAnn said...

Mamma has spoken-So the question is.....am I welcome at your B&B?

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-You are funny and a wonderful mom!