Monday, February 13, 2012

Hope?

I saw something happen last week that I never thought would happen. I think DJ has a soul. I know that you are going to argue with me that teenagers don't have souls and you are probably right. But there might be evidence to the contrary. Maybe.
Dalten, the lovely little boy that DJ and I watch(well its DJ's job since he needs car insurance $ but I'm there for moral support) was not feeling up to par. I'm not even going to bring up the fact that a parent should ask before dropping their kid off and check to see if you are willing to watch a sick kid. At least, let DJ watch him at their house. But I'm getting off track. Anyways, poor little Dalten was cuddling me because he didn't feel good.*God I miss that. Not a sick kid but snuggling with a little one.* He turned to me and said, "I'm going to srow up." I leaned him forward and then noticed that he was about to puke on the dog. Dear Lord. I lovingly shoved the dog as hard as I could from a sitting/trying to get Dalten off the couch/direct his head position. That old girl is quicker than she looks(the dog not me). DJ ran for paper towels and Den ran for a bucket. I applaud them for trying but they failed miserable. Dalten puked all over the floor and both of our feet. Oh Joy! He had one glorious finale in the bucket and then we went in the bathroom to clean up. Den and DJ went to work on the carpet because that wasn't as scary as the child.
When I was sure Dalten was done, I let him loose and he ran up to DJ. He started crying really hard and had big old tears running down his face. He said to DJ,"I want my daddy." DJ bent over and rubbed his back a bit. I was surprised to see how much it bothered DJ to see him that upset. Then DJ said, "I know buddy." I was just so shocked. He might have a soul. But then DJ said, "Kid you desperately need a tic-tac." Well almost a soul.
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn


15 comments:

Annie said...

Srowing up is just about the worst thing that can happen to a kid. At the time, anyway. Kinda scary, too. Hope he feels better now.

And way for DJ to man up...LOL!

Sheila said...

Awwww, nice story. Thanks for sharing ;)

Frances said...

Well, first I agree with on parents checking to see if you are willing to keep a sick kid. You can't leave a sick kid at most daycares. And, what if he was contagious? Nothing like catching some srow up illness just to earn car insurance money.

Way for DJ show some empathy. Hope Dalton feels better.

McVal said...

LOL!!! quote from Beverly Hills Cop "I've got some tic tacs in my pocket. Take as MANY as you want!!!"

Mark said...

Such a nice sweet story, Den. You should guest post more often. Where's SonyaAnn? She does the filthiest posts sometimes.
m.

Mamma has spoken said...

It's bad enough when it's one of your own kids who is sick but when it's someone else's..........

Jane said...

So glad it was you and not me! I can handle most other bodily fluids but not PUKE! I am soooooo lucky that Kazi always made it to the toilet in time...well...except for once when she sicked up all over her bed.
She was really happy with her new bedding but was puzzled about where the yucked up on ones disappeared to!

SonyaAnn said...

Annie-The sound of someone srowing up is my kryptonite. I gag too. It is terrible. I can clean it up but I can't hear the sound!

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-Srow up isn't a nice story. LOL

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-One guess who is sick and stayed home today? Yup DJ. At least he didn't srow up. But the good news is Dalten is better.
I would ask first before I dropped my kid off. But that is just me. It's one thing if the kid is fine and it comes out of nowhere but it's another if the kid was vomiting all night. A heads up would be nice.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-That's funny and how old is that movie?

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-Den can barely read so I'm sure that he didn't write this heartwarming story. BRAT!

SonyaAnn said...

Mamma has spoken-My baby is 16 so I'm really out of practice when it comes to a sick little one. Really out of practice!

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-My kids were pukers. YUCK.
You need to read this puke post of mine.


http://amommoneyandmore2.blogspot.com/2010/02/day-in-life.html

Anonymous said...

buy valium side effects valium grapefruit juice - generic valium wikipedia