Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hot for Christmas

Things are looking up. I got another $25 from BP.
Pinecone $3
Toluna $60
BP $75
For a grand total of------$138!


I also had the oddest thing happen. I received 2 $10 Chili's gift cards and I know that I didn't order them.  The last thing that I ordered was the Boston Market gift cards. Hmmmm, so how do I count this one? Free? Please tell me what you think because I don't know how to count it. I checked and I received everything from Christmas 2011. I'm at a loss.

And this is what I have in the Christmas closet.......


2 $10 Chili's gift cards(free?)
3 felt hats  at $1.93 each.  $5.79 for all(50% off)
2 Christmas bells at $4 each. $8 for all(50% off)
1 tabletop ping pong for free(was $10 marked down to $5 used my CVS bucks to pay for it)
6 spatulas for1.92 each. $11.52 for all(70% off)
9 plates for 1.92 each. $17.28 for all(70% off)
11 cookies jars at 6.39 each. $70.29 for all(70% off)

 I've spent $112.88. If I had paid full price, it would have been $387.88. I'm at 70.9% savings.  Almost looking forward to Christmas,
SonyaAnn

15 comments:

slugmama said...

So what are you shooting for here? Do you have a number of gifts to get?
Or a number of recipients to get for?
I need more complications and NUMBERS dang it!lol

Annie said...

Did you get the Boston Market GFs? If not, maybe they sent you Chili's by mistake instead.

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-You are adorable when you crunch numbers.72 people total. Some of the people get a family gift. 32 people done. I figure I need $1400 more if I don't do any deals. I figure that I will make at least $800 from points on our credit cards alone. So I'm at $600. From the survey sites, I bet that I can get a bare minimum of $150. So I'm at $450. And it is still only February so I think that I can score some cheap gifts and get that down. I;m just not having as much luck as I did at the end of last year. I was really hoping to score more cheap gift cards already.

SonyaAnn said...

Annie-I think you solved my mystery. I'm curious to see if I get the Boston Market gift card. You are frugal and wise. Sexy.

SonyaAnn said...

Annie-I checked for the Boston Market cards and on my account they weren't used yet. I may still get them. It's my own little mystery.

McVal said...

TOLD you that was going to happen...

Mamma has spoken said...

72 people total? Wow that's a lot!

slugmama said...

So you're looking at $450 OOP unless you find some deals, huh?
Oh hell, you'll find those deals, I KNOW IT! ;-)
You've got time on your side and you've got the smarts.
If you don't find enough then just piss off some more family members and then your gift giving/spending problem is solved!
You're welcomed. lol

Frances said...

You have most of the year to go. I think you will beat this year easily.

SonyaAnn said...

Mamma has spoken-I'm generous and stupid all rolled into one.

SonyaAnn said...

slugmama-You and Mark on on a roll with making me laugh hard! haha I said hard. I'm sure that it wouldn't be hard for me to piss someone off. I'm good at it if you ask my kids.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I think so too. I just like to over analyze it.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-What would happen?

Practical Parsimony said...

What is BP? buying for 72 people is a lot. You cannot pare it down? Guess not.

SonyaAnn said...

Practical Parsimony-BP is a gas company/station that pays us 5% back.
We buy for 72 but some of it is a family present. So 1 present covers 5 people. I just don't know who to cut off of the list.