Thursday, February 16, 2012

Inspiring Anarchy


How could this cute little boy cause such an uprising? Well to be honest, it's not him, it's me. I have such a terrible streak!
My adorable little nephew is three and is in the throws of potty training. He was at his best friend's house, Eyla(pronounced I-la). Eyla is a girl and is a bit older than Justin. He looks up to her. Ahhh, and you see where this is going. He had an accident and they found some PJ bottoms that Justin could borrow. They were hot pink. He has been wearing them every night to bed and was having full on fits to wear them to school. My SIL said no to wearing PJs to school. My BIL did not find find this funny in the least. He believes that boys only wear boy's clothes and girls wear their clothes. He isn't going to bend on this one. I'll just bend for him. Go ahead and say it, "Oh dear God what did you do SonyaAnn." I did what any great and wonderful aunt would do. I found the cutest/girly/screaming pink pjs I could find and they have the little mermaid on them. Then I bought him a pink leopard skin purse, a tiara and Den found a pair of pink plastic heels to finish off the outfit. We also got him a cup with all of the Disney princesses on it. There might have even been a pink wand and bracelets in there. And to be fair my 6 month old nephew, Andrew, got an adorable pink sleeper.
Guess how this went over with my BIL? No go ahead guess. Yup you got it, he isn't happy. When DJ was little he dressed in all of his sister's dress up clothes. My SIL even bought DJ a purple boa. He kept it for years. No one around us(Den's side or my side) was ever raised that you weren't allowed to play with the opposite genders clothes/toys. Not my BIL.
OK so I thought that this would be a funny joke and I even wrote a note for Cindy(SIL) to save all of the pink stuff for her next baby. She is really hoping for a girl.
I also figured since it was PJs no one would see him. My BIL wouldn't be happy but Justin could just wear the PJs to bed and no one would know.
And now to the anarchy part, Justin is over the moon happy with the box we sent. He even wanted to show all of the neighbors what his Tia(that's what he calls me) and bubba(that would be Den's name-haha) sent him.
My SIL took him to all of the neighbor's houses and let him show off.
Don't let me around your kids,
SonyaAnn

14 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, geez. Your BIL needs to get over himself.

D.Lynn said...

Hilarious! Just hilarious! Sounds like something I would do :)(evil grin)

McVal said...

LOL! You ARE a mean one to defy your bil's wishes! You're not getting ANYTHING from them for Christmas next year. Just sayin'.
If you do, it will be a wrench.

SonyaAnn said...

Annie-Oh well, with two little ones getting into everything he won't have time to think about me. And they want another one. I told my SIL I'm going to call her a Dugger.

SonyaAnn said...

D.Lynn-I wish I could do an evil grin too.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-I told Den he was not happy and Den said I dare him to say something to me. So that pretty much sums up their relationship.

slugmama said...

Good for you for giving voice to your nephew's inner Diva!
You are such an Anarchist....

My brother had similar fits when my oldest son wore pink PJs(and they were his favorite ones too!lol)and walked around with a purse of his own.
Yes, MY kid, not his and he had fits and said my mother & I were turning him into a drag queen.
My brother has issues.....

I told him I hope he has that POLECTOMY surgery soon that he was needing.
Seriously, has your brother never heard of little kids "modeling" on the people in his life? Tell him if he doesn't want his son to want to wear girl clothes and play with dolls to stay in a room with him 24/7 and model all the manly arts for him, like beer guzzling, sports and trash talking, butt scratching, belching, not showing emotions, and lying to & cheating on women.
Ok, showing my issues now....lol

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-I just never saw this as an issue. They are just kids playing. But what I can't understand is there are "girl" toys at the "school"(he calls it school to make it sound better when its daycare(he is better than everyone else)) and he doesn't say a word about him playing with the toys at DAYCARE!
I just don't know why any of that is an issue. Honestly, my BIL would make a good politician.

Mamma has spoken said...

When my second son was born, I had some pink sleepers that were gifts that I hadn't used with my first son but, needing heavier sleepers, I used on the second son. My sister in law was the baby sitter and took the sons out to the grocery story with second son in the pink sleeper. Someone made a comment about what a beautiful girl he was, story got back to hubby and he personally threw away anything pink in the house.
Yes it is a man thing.....

Jane said...

Too funny!! Why is it ok for girls to dress like boys (I did!) but the reverse is so taboo!! I was an awesomely fierce cowb...err cowpoke!

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, this is hilarious and just what BIL deserves.

SonyaAnn said...

Mamma has spoken-The good news is my BIL is over it. LOL. I just never saw it as a big deal. As long as the kids weren't hurting anyone what was the big deal if a boy wore pink. MEN!

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-I was a huge Tomboy, I think I have been in more fist fights than any of the guys I know. And most of the fights were over them calling me a girl. LOL. I'm still not very girly!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I think it is screaming funny. If he says anything to Den I know that Den will go out and get all the girls clothes he can find. He is just as bad as I am.