Monday, March 5, 2012

Money, Money, Money!!!



I have another $28 to throw in the pot. I got $3 from Pinecone and $25 from BP. BP is definitely the winner and if you don't have a card that is paying you 5% back on all gas purchases-YOU SHOULD! You are letting free money pass by you.
So the new numbers are-
Pinecone $12
Toluna $60
BP $100
For a grand total of------$172!

I got another $10 Boston Market card for $5
So my gifts go a little something like this............

2 $10 Boston Market Gift card for $10
2 $10 Chili's gift cards(free?)
3 felt hats  at $1.93 each.  $5.79 for all(50% off)
2 Christmas bells at $4 each. $8 for all(50% off)
1 tabletop ping pong for free(was $10 marked down to $5 used my CVS bucks to pay for it)
6 spatulas for1.92 each. $11.52 for all(70% off)
9 plates for 1.92 each. $17.28 for all(70% off)
11 cookies jars at 6.39 each. $70.29 for all(70% off)

 I've spent $122.88. If I had paid full price, it would have been $407.88. I'm at 68.4% savings rate.
I'm happy,
SonyaAnn

14 comments:

Mark said...

You're easy to please, huh?
Happy Monday!
m.

Mamma has spoken said...

I need to investigate this more.....

slugmama said...

Is that 5% back on gas at BP stations or any station?

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-Happy Monday back and I have no life but you know this. We have a lot in common.

SonyaAnn said...

Mamma has spoken-It's something to do. I think we should take bets on if I will get enough money for Christmas or if I will be panhandling to cover the difference.

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-You get 5% at BP only. If you shop at the way overpriced gas station convenience mart you also get 5% back. You get 1% on everything else but you get nothing if you use the card at other gas stations.

Jane said...

Holy schmoley! I bow down to your amazing money-saving abilities!!

slugmama said...

Too bad for me we don't have any BP stations around here......unfair!
The best I can do is Turkey Hill give you 2 pts. for every $ you spend but to get $1 off gas you have to accumulate 1000 pts. per month....that's $500 in gas per month....we'd never get that high....well, I take that back because if gas keeps going up, yes, we WILL get that high. bleh

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-I feel so regal.

Jill said...

Sounds like a good day! Have a great week!

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-I'm so scared what the gas prices are going to be. I actually told Anna that if she gets a job through a temp service she might not be able to take it(gasp). Sometimes they will send you a hour away. There is no way that minimum wage will cover that.

SonyaAnn said...

Jill-Thanks for coming to see me.

slugmama said...

Agreed that a min. wage temp job where you spend $40 in gas to get to it is a losing proposition! Geez.....
I thought Anna was trying for a camp job? Did she not get that one?

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-200 people applied for 20 jobs. How sad is that? She is applying at a few different summer camps that are close, next is 6 flags and then she is thinking about going to a temp agency. It's a mess here. People used to come to this area because of all of the jobs-now they are leaving because the big companies are shutting down.