Monday, March 19, 2012

My Torrid Bedroom Stories


Some people look to the Heavens for a miracle, not me. My gift from above came through the Amazon portal.That bad boy is a Honeywell air purifier. I know that it looks like an old time radio but alas, it is not. Even the doily under it couldn't detract from the new age glimmer.
My asthma was out of control. I never stopped wheezing-ever. Life is so exhausting when you can't get one full breath. Since I have very poor insurance and it is VERY hard to get treatment(my MIL spent HOURS trying to find anyone around here that would take our insurance and nada) I accepted the fact that this is my life. So my $50 fake radio gave me back some lung capacity.
Now here is the odd thing-it may have saved my marriage. And how can an air purifier save a marriage, you ask? Den snores TERRIBLE! He says that I snore too but he is lying and I can prove it. I would need to be asleep in order to snore and when I sleep with him-I don't sleep. I'm like Mark and can argue with the best of Them.
My pretty little Honeywell is a tad bit loud but it is quite soothing too. It's about as loud as the fan on an older computer. It's a white noise and perfectly drowns out Den. The funny thing is I'm not as mad at him in the morning either. I may have been a wee bit cranky from lack of sleep.
And you thought this post was about sex,
SonyaAnn

18 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

My hubby sleeps with a CPAC machine due to his sleep apnea. His snoring is so bad it sounds like a freight train in our bedroom. Now I traded the freight train for Darth Vader. Yes, his breathing sounds just like that during the night. Not quite as bad as the snoring, but still...

Mark said...

SA, you should let Den sleep over with me. You know, so you could get some more rest. See, I'm always thinking about you.
Happy Breathing!
m.

Annie said...

I hear you. Shane doesn't snore all the time, but when he does, it's loud. I usually end up moving to the couch, or to Kat's bed if she's at her mom's.

I have trouble sleeping sometimes even when Shane isn't snoring. Specifically, I have problem staying asleep. I tried the PM pain relievers, but they sucked; made me feel hungover every time I tried them. Then I found time-released melatonin and it changed my life. I've credited it more than once with keeping our marriage intact. I was so sleep deprived and grouchy before that I'm surprised he stuck around.

judy said...

Does it work well? My mom has horrible asthma and allergies so I am trying to find something for her room to help

slugmama said...

Nothing sexier than a good night's sleep and a well rested woman!

My air cleaner(or the humidifier in winter instead)helps me too. And half the help is the white noise it makes. Hubs snores and if he fell asleep first I couldn't sleep, because I KNEW he would snore....so I laid there tensing up, waiting for him to snore. If I got to sleep, I'd wake up with knots in my neck and back from having those muscles tensed up so badly. Plus I'd worry that I'd fall asleep and he'd hear me snore.
Since getting the machine(s), this doesn't happen and I can fall asleep without tensing up.

Are you sure we are not the same person??lol

McVal said...

My hubs only snores when he has a cold. Then I sleep with my pillow over my ear... I would only smother if he pushes on it...

Sheila said...

I think I may need a Honeywell too as my honey snores too :(

SonyaAnn said...

Mamma has spoken-I guess Darth is a bit more sexy than a train.
It is terrible to be sleep deprived.

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-I'm sending the snoring slob to you and you aren't sending the man back! Trust me you will be sorry.

SonyaAnn said...

Annie-It sounds like we have a lot of the same problems. Men and sleep. I LOVE time-released melatonin! Everything else makes me feel like crap the next day! It was a toss up about which was worse the side effects or the lack of sleep.

SonyaAnn said...

Judy-That thing is a gift! Just have her keep it next to her when she sleeps and close the door. It is only meant for a small room. Also, I read that it isn't good to use the ion setting. I just use the purifier.

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-I was getting a bit crazy with no sleep.
Hey, my neck would tense up so bad that I would get migraines. Maybe we were separated at birth. So I guess that I am the evil twin.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-I think about sleeping with a pillow over Den's mouth and nose.

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-I can't say enough wonderful things about it. I'm buying another one for my son's room. He has asthma and I think this will help him too.

Jane said...

Wow, and you only paid $50 for all of those benefits!! Well worth it at twice the cost! Perhaps you'll get to the torrid sex soon!

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-I wish! I think we are past our prime!LOL
But I do love my new bedroom toy-the air purifier.

Frances said...

Great benefits! So glad you got one!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-Me 2!