Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Poking

All this poking around with the unemployment budgets got me thinking about our monthly budget. Maybe its like Spring cleaning for the wallet or something.
The first time that I wrote out our budget and put it online was Jan. 5 2009. I'm so glad that a lot has changed.
1296.00 House payment(bi-weekly) so we save $324 a week
122.00 Car Insurance
183.00 Nicor and Comed
25.00 Home phone
135.00 2nd mortgage with a little extra
280.00 gas for all three cars
38.00 satelite
480.00 groceries for the month
120.00 a week
75.00 Den smokes
70.00 garbage and water
24.00 synthroid and iron pills for me
2728.00 total 


And the new and pretty budget is


1244 house payment
 190 car insurance
 175 electric and gas
 95 garbage and water
 141 cell 
  30 gym
 400 food
 400 gas for cars
2675 total 
We have gotten rid of the satellite, the second mortgage, and the home phone. Unfortunately, other bills have gone up. Den is still smoking. He quit and then went back to it. We almost got a divorce over it-literally. I let it go and plan to fart in his oxygen tube when he gets older and can't breath. I'm not dragging his sorry ass around and he knows it. His cigerettes come out of his allowance. That helped end the fighting. Well for now. 
I do feel better though about our budget overall. We have more wiggle room and we only owe on the house. I'm proud of that. We also can save a small amount every week. Well we can save a small amount if any problems don't arise. More problems arise than I like to talk about. 
 Smile,
SonyaAnn





12 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

I get where you are coming from.
My hubby is still unemployed and he gets just under 1200 a month from KY unemployment. Scarier yet-come next month it will be one year since he was let go with no job in sight....

Annie said...

I'm so glad you're in a better place financially. Also very, very glad you won't be near any oxygen tubes in my future.

Mark said...

You'll fart in his oxygen tubes? You two are kinky!
m.

SonyaAnn said...

Mamma has spoken-I'm so sorry. I pray that something comes his way soon.

SonyaAnn said...

Annie-I think that the budget is always a work in progress-sad no one tells you those things when you are growing up.
Most people are glad when I'm not around, I wonder why?

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-I think that he has it coming.

Jane said...

I think you should just fart into the gas tanks of your vehicles (do you still have 3?) cause the cost of gas is killing us!!

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-DEN JUST SAID THAT! Ok that was seriously weird.

Jill said...

Looks like you are on the right track! Can we switch mortgage payments? Seriously?

Take him to see a person suffering from cancer and if that doesn't make him quit smoking I don't know what will. 2 people I know have suffered from lung cancer related to smoking, one no longer with us another in the fight of his life...trust me it is not something you want to watch someone you care for go through. Not to mention the medical costs...So tell him to save his life and the BUDGET! :-) Good luck!

Blessings,
Jill

SonyaAnn said...

Jill-He watched a grandmother on one side and a grandfather on the other side die of emphysema. You would think that would have cured him. Not so. He is so stubborn.
And if we switch payments do we get to switch houses too?

Frances said...

So the ecigs didn't do it for Den? I actually have been using and ecig and haven't had a tobacco one since January 1. Yeah me.

I got one for Hubby and he is working on it. I don't bug him about it. I stopped smoking when I was ready and he will too.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-He did really well and then......
I quit a long time ago. I smoked when I was in my "party years" and then quit when I was a "grown-up." I quit cold turkey and it was a bunch of hell. But I decided that I would never go back to it after all of the misery that I went through. But that is it, you just have to get it in your head that you aren't going to go back no matter what. Men seems to be a bit more stubborn about it.