Monday, March 26, 2012

Simple Sonya

Did you ever stop to think that you were the simplest person of them all? I have this thought about others a lot but most of the time I think that I am the queen simpleton.
Like I have said over and over-I'M SICK ALL OF THE TIME! It is terrible and I can't get any help from my less than bright doctor. I don't blame him for my illness but I do blame him for not listening.
My healing all started when the sexy and well hung Donna Freedman sent me a nasal water pik. I felt so much better. I wasn't cured but I was able to turn my head without wanting to fall over. I was always nauseous and it was terrible.
Next came the air purifier and things picked up even more. I could get a deep breath. I had gotten two huge gifts of relief, in my opinion. I lost 6n lbs right away. Hmmm, I think I may have stumbled upon a weight loss secret for all of us.
It wasn't hard for even the simplest of Sonyas to put it together that I probably had an allergy. I found this article and it all came together. I had soooooo many of the symptoms. I had a few of the odd symptoms but none the less a bit of checking from a good doctor and this would have been figured out YEARS ago.
My guess was that I had environmental allergies. I started taking allergy pills for seasonal allergies and it helped but it didn't alleviate the problems completely. I then started to eliminate different foods. Guess what I'm allergic to? Dairy! I was poisoning myself every day with a few cups of coffee with a savory splash of milk. I can't even tell you how much better I feel. My strength is back and my energy. So to recap-I spent all of my 20's and 30's sick as a dog because no one saw fit to listen to what I was saying. But the good news is I spent a TON of money being ignored by doctors. Wait, that isn't good news. The good news is I'm better. And that is a gift from the Heavens. I feel like I have a new life.
I did test to see if it was really dairy and had a slice of cheese. The sneezing fit and feeling as if I had rolled in fiberglass was all the proof I needed. The instant headache drove the point home.
Everyone feels sorry for me for having to give up dairy but I can't even find the words to tell them what I have gained by giving this up.
Happy and healthy,
SonyaAnn

20 comments:

Annie said...

Good for you for figuring out what was causing the problems. I've been trying for years to figure out things that trigger the migraines I get. Food-wise, the only thing I've found that sometimes triggers them is wine. I don't like it that much anyway, so it was easy to give up. but the headaches still happen. I suppose I should try something like dairy or wheat next, but geez, those are big changes to make. Kudos to you for being able to pull it off.

Dy said...

Allergies suck, don't they? Especially when you have to go through the elimination process to find out what you're allergic to. After spending most of January this year in hives, I discovered by elimination that I'd become allergic to an ingredient in my shampoo. Now I wash my hair with baking soda and condition/detangle with apple cider vingar. I feel like a hippy, but my hair looks awesome and I'm not covered in hives.

Mark said...

After all those years! And now, when life is almost over, you figure it out. ha!
Listen, I'm so happy for you. I understand what pain is and I'm always thankful when I'm not in pain.
Good job!
m.

slugmama said...

Get rid of curtains in your bedroom too and install blinds. Blinds don't attract as many allergens and they are easier to clean.
Also get an allergen mattress cover and pillow covers--they can be pricey but help too.
And start wearing natural fiber clothing outside, especially during pollen/ragweed season(fall and spring). Plant pollen sticks to synthetic fabrics harder/better than natural fibers...or at least try to wear natural fiber cloth on your upper body as it's closest to your head(the one with the nose and eyes lol).

I'd highly recommend getting the scratch tests done, at least for a few highly suspicious suspects like dairy, ragweed, wheat, etc.
It's one thing to have a dairy intolerance but another to have the actual allergy, same with gluten, etc.

Your fellow allergic broad

slugmama said...

@Annie.....do you also have sensitivity to certain shellfish?
If so, you might have a sulfites allergy.
My Sis-IL has this. She can't drink certain wines or eat shrimp w/out going into anaphylactic shock.

McVal said...

Wow!!! Good for you to finally figure it out! It'll be my luck that I'm allergic to chocolate...

Out My window said...

Some times we just need to treat ourselves. But be careful I almost lost our third daughter thinking she had the flu.

Mamma has spoken said...

Hum, guess that includes ice cream and cheese. Makes me think of a teacher I worked with YEARS ago. She would come in doubled over and crying in pain in the mornings. We would be all concern that something major was wrong. She would tell us that she ate cheese the past evening and she was paying the price for it. I love cheese but not enough to be in that kind of pain. Glad you found out what was causing your problems!

SonyaAnn said...

Annie-I've heard that feverfew is a great cure for migraines. The mouth guard cured my migraines. I'm so sorry for you with the migraine probs. They suck bad, I know your pain.
To be honest, I will do anything that I can to feel better. Giving up dairy is a small thing.

SonyaAnn said...

Dy-At least you found what it is! I've been having problems for years, I just never connected the dots. Hey a healthy hippy is a happy hippy.

Jane said...

So happy for you my simple little SonyaAnn. Now if you could just paid a doctor's salary for figuring that out for yourself!!

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-No shit! I'm damn near dead and now I know what is wrong with me! I'm not even going to talk about the mental problems!!

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-I've got shades in the windows in the bedroom. I was just telling Den that we needed to get rid of the carpet too. It would be nice but it won't be happening anytime soon. Or just a new house will do.
Now if you will please call my doctor and convince him to order me a scratch test, I'm sure that I will be a lot better. LOL, never gunna happen.

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-look at you, you can solve it all!

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-Sadly, I will be cutting that out too. ;(

SonyaAnn said...

Out My window-My son has almost died a few times from allergies too. It is so scary to watch them suffer.

SonyaAnn said...

Mamma has spoken-I'm going to try little things here and there to see if I can tolerate say super processed ice cream or something like that. I'm going to miss that the most.

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-No kidding, I think the bastard should at least give me back the money he took when he said I was depressed. I wasn't depressed, I was pissed!

slugmama said...

Hey lady.....try frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. My son has the dairy thing but he can tolerate frozen yogurt.

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, one of my bfs and I figured out long ago that it is just quicker and less costly to diagnose ourselves.

I am so glad you found the culprit. I could give up dairy, too, if it was making me feel so bad.