Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Damn the Milk Man

 I wish that I could say I was clean and sober. I made it a week and fell off of the wagon.
 When I fall off of the wagon, its more like the damned milk truck.
 I somehow believe that I am special and the rules don't apply to me. I will find a way to skirt my dairy allergy and be able to eat what I want again.
 As you can tell I found some awesome signs, I now want a bar so I can buy these awesome signs and hang them up. I really don't need a reason to drink though-alcohol that is. Milk is still a no-no.
 I feel so much better when I lay off the sauce. Literally, creamed sauce is a killer. I'll have an asthma attack.
 I'm back on the wagon. I start feeling great and then I eat some chocolate and I lose a day. I can't believe that I lived like that. The headaches are crushing. Poor Sonya.
The good news is I'm still able to have a drinky-poo. And to think all of the times that I thought I had a killer hang-over it was probably just the cheese that I ate. Sure.
Have a lactose-free day,
SonyaAnn

12 comments:

D.Lynn said...

One of the great qualities of the human race is our ability to justify what we want. Not judging - I do it all the time :) Glad to hear that your feeling better, when you behave that is, and that you've figured out those cheese headaches :)

Jenny Woolf said...

I'd hate not to have milk. Alcohol I can do without though nobody believes me :)

SonyaAnn said...

D.Lynn- I'm just a rule breaker, I'm a rebel at heart. Following the rules is hard for me.

SonyaAnn said...

Jenny Woolf-Dairy is in everything! I would put someone's eye out for a grilled cheese sandwich.

McVal said...

So you're going to have a lactose free day, but planning on filling in the milk with booze?
I can't imagine how that would taste with cereal...

Mamma has spoken said...

Life without milk would be ok for me, it's the other dairy foods that would be hard. Had a friend who got kidney stones from eating cheese. One would think she would stop eating cheese because she would be in pain for at least a week while the stone passed. Nope not her, she would lay wiggling on the floor in pain but saying that the cheese was so good it was worth it.
Naw I didn't get it either.....

Jane said...

I practically live on dairy products...you poor dear! Lunch today was a cheese string, a yogurt and a hard-boiled egg. Yeah, I know, I need to go grocery shopping!!
Stick to alcohol...in moderation of course...hic!

Frances said...

Booze is lots more fun than milk, anyway!

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-I would just leave the cereal out of my booze. All is good.

SonyaAnn said...

Mamma has spoken-I'm doing pretty well all things considered. Now that I have cut most of it out. I can test to see what makes me sick and what doesn't. I think that I'm going to start a food diary. Yay more writing.

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-Dairy was a huge part of our diet except for Den. He hates cheese. Silly man.
I haven't been able to have a cocktail for a while because I watch Dalten and have to drive him home. And when I do finally get home, I'm usually too tired or busy to have a drink. How sad is that?

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-Amen, sister!