Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fanfare


When we were watching Dalten the other day, he was trying to jump on my bed. I'm a meanie and said no. He could fall and get hurt. DJ said he remembered jumping on the bed when he was a kid. I asked him if he remembered how we would turn the fan(that is above the bed) on when he jumped. He was horrified that we were that terrible. I laughed and he didn't.
The truth is the fan was running and he jumped got on the bed and started jumping. This is the terrible part. Before I could stop him, he threw his head in the moving fan. He got hit about three times before he got his head out. I couldn't stop laughing because it sounded hollow. How did that happen?
The evil one,
SonyaAnn

16 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

Naw not terrible because my sons have broken many a box springs with their jumping on the bed. Have to do something to get them to quit ;o)
Growing up, three of my brothers shared one bedroom. I remember jumping off the top bunk bed onto the full size bed and landing head first into the wall. What made it hurt more was the fact that our house had rough hewed barn siding for walls. OUCH! Not only hit my head, but the rough wall took off a good strip of skin too!

D.Lynn said...

Mean moms produce the best kids and don't let your kids tell you otherwise :)

SonyaAnn said...

Mamma has spoken-I bet that hurt terrible, like running your head across a cheese grater. I dented my skull when I was a kid. I ran full force into a metal pole. Maybe that's whats wrong with me.

SonyaAnn said...

D.Lynn-I'm having that saying turned into a plaque!

ChiTown Girl said...

tee hee hee! I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with that!!

Annie said...

That post made me snort. Does that make me as demented as you?

Sheila said...

Hmm, I need to put one of those fans above my bed Muhahahahaha

McVal said...

LOL! A friend was telling me just last week that a bird they were sitting for got out of it's cage. The first few seconds of freedom it had, it flew up and got smacked by the ceiling fan, then dropped dead on the floor. They had to replace the thing quick before the neighbors came back home...

Frances said...

That's what you get for jumping on the bed.

SonyaAnn said...

ChiTown Girl-It's surprising how many people don't see anything wrong with this kind of parenting.

SonyaAnn said...

Annie-It is a wonderful club to belong to.

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-Haha, I probably shouldn't give anyone any ideas.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-That is terrible and very funny. I'm scaring myself.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-3 little monkeys jumping on the bed or should I say I had 2 little monkeys.

Jane said...

Ewwwww I was waiting for something bad to happen when I saw that fan and you didn't disappoint!! Thanks, you're the best!!

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-My kids don't think that I am the best.