Monday, April 30, 2012

Insecurities

I like to think that I have a thick skin. I've been around long enough not to let the little things bother me. Grain of salt and all that jazz. Maybe it's not insecurities as much as it is being out of touch with the world. I mean we haven't had cable/satellite since September 2010. I just may have forgotten how the world works or it changed while I didn't have access to real TV.
Hair-
I have not had short hair since high school. That was a VERY long time ago. In fact, I have just about the same hair cut that I had in high school. I really hope that I don't revert and get my ass back into trouble.
When I was young, I had very straight hair. Hence, I had to perm and tease the hell out of it. It was the 80's, that was my only excuse. For some reason, having kids made my hair curly. VERY CURLY. The hair dresser said that usually people that have curly hair notice their hair goes straight after kids, not the other way around. I will never be normal.
My hair is curling so bad it is stuck to my head. Brushing makes it worse. My dear friend offered to straighten my pubes for me.
Child Rearing-
I talked to Anna and she said and I quote, "Mom, some guy paid me $100 to give him a ride." Hmmmmmm, that just didn't sound right. All I could feel was that I failed as a parent. I nicely asked her to explain as soon as my heart started beating again. She said that some drunk guy walked up to her and said he would give her $100. She knows just what to say to make everything better. He said that he wasn't from that area and he had to get somewhere and needed a ride. Right! And having a drunk stranger in the car didn't make me feel any better either. Once again, I was feeling as if I taught her NOTHING! She said that the only way that she would give him a ride was if she could bring a few of her guy friends with. He said, of course. She gave him a ride with a couple of the guy friends and told him to keep the money. He said, no you have no idea how much of a jam I was in. He tossed the money on the seat and left.
I will be posting about my daughter the prostitute/my nether region hair at a later date.Smile,
SonyaAnn


16 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

OMG, I'm glad everything turned out ok with your daughter, but I gotta say, just READING that gave me palpitations!!

Mark said...

Thank you for not posting photos of your nether region. m.

Sheila said...

LOL Mark!

Jenny Woolf said...

Haha, i sort of guess she might have been winding you up, what do you think? Made me laugh, I love your posts.

Hair curling because of having kids? that is a new one to me... there's an expression here that something "makes your hair curl" which would apply to your conversation with your daughter actually. Do you have that phrase where you are?

McVal said...

LOL! That was smart of her to bring along some friends. and so sweet of her to not let him pay! And smart of you for not posting the pics you were wanting too...

Mamma has spoken said...

My sons surprise me too with some of the things that they say and do in a good way too. Makes me happy to know that I wasn't just blowing wind when I was talking to them ;o)

D.Lynn said...

Life is never quiet in your neck of the woods is it? !!

SonyaAnn said...

ChiTown Girl-She does that a lot!

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-LOL you are welcome!

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-He is funny.

SonyaAnn said...

Jenny Woolf-Yes we have that phrase and I know quite a few "English" phrases because our dear friends are from Stoke.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-I guess no one wanted to see my region!

SonyaAnn said...

Mamma has spoken-It is shocking that some of the stuff that I said stuck!

SonyaAnn said...

D.Lynn-No, never!

Frances said...

I guess I should have birthed some babies and I would have to spend a fortune on perms. Yes, I still get perms.

I wanted to see a pic of your region.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-BAHAHAHA! I really laughed at your comment. Something is wrong with you!