Monday, April 16, 2012

Musical.........................

I bet that you thought I was going to say musical fruit, I'm naughty like that. Nope, we are playing musical cars. We bought my FIL's 2007 Amanti. He sold it to us for $6500, it is worth $12,000. They are awesome like that! I'm just so proud of us for not having a car payment.

This is Den in his new ride. And yes, he is flipping me off or you-you can take it however you want!
Anna got the 2004 Amanti. We are hoping that it lasts until she is done with college. Fingers crossed.
She was super happy. She got the car on Saturday and then left to spend Easter with Aaron's family. I said that it was alright that she missed Easter. They were here for my nephew's 3rd birthday. The family was getting together for the birthday party so I said it would probably be best to see everyone. And his family is very religious so they went there. I'm great like that.
And here is DJ in the white car that was Anna's car just a few moments earlier.
What you can't see in this picture is the shear panic of him getting his first insurance bill. He doesn't do well with stress and the thought of it is worrying him. He stresses way too much for a 16 year old.
I'm still driving the van and I'm happy with it. Now to maintain four cars maybe I will start panicking like DJ.
Thanks for coming to see me and our fleet,
SonyaAnn


14 comments:

Mark said...

Okay, so, where's the photo of you and your minivan? And why are your photos so damn small?
m.

McVal said...

Oh my! We are maintaining 4 cars as well... NOT fun. Especially since I had to move my sons out to the street yesterday and found how spongy his brakes are... Yikes!

slugmama said...

Nah, don't start panicking....just start drinking earlier in the day!
Works for me....er....other people, or so I've been told. ;-)

Hubs is trying to talk me into getting 2 more cars in the Fall, since daughter will be living back here again and commuting to school and #2 Son will be having his permit and/or license. My thought is to buy 1 car, but a nicer/safer car instead of 2 crappier cars and if the kids both have to take a car somewhere at the same time, one of them just takes my minivan. We'll save on insurance and if the 1 car is better/newer too we'll save on maintanence/repairs too.

Also needing 2 more cars is a short term problem. #2 Son will be leaving home in just over 2 years and Daughter will be leaving in 1 or 2 years(again lol). Trying to get rid of 2 junkie cars in 2 years is NOT something I want to have to do, ya know?

What do you think?

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-My photos are so damn small because I use my phone and if I enlarge them they look even worse. I've been trying to find a phone that will take better photos but I need a data package and I'm cheap. Ideas?

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-Get his brakes fixed ASAP. I was driving a car and the brakes went out. VERY SCARY! I had to throw it in park and pray like hell.

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-Borrow Den! LOL. He is pretty good at finding good older cars and keeping them running.
To be honest, I think that you are screwed either way. With the newer car it will be more out of pocket to buy it and the insurance might be higher than two cheapy cars. And for some reason I don't see anyone wanting to drive your van. DJ says that it is like driving the living room.
Start with one drink, er...., 1 car and see how that works out. Then buy from there.

Sheila said...

Nice fleet! Do you have a 4 car garage too?

Mamma has spoken said...

Right now there are FIVE cars trying to fit in my driveway. I tell people getting out of my driveway is like taking communion. You file out in a certain order, and then you make sure that you get back in the right spot when you come home.

Frances said...

Tell your kids that you are way nicer parents than we are. We only bought ONE kids car. Yes, we are mean like that.

Jenny Woolf said...

Living in central London is expensive but it would use up every penny we own to insure four cars here! luckily we only need one, and don't even use that very often.

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-We have a crappy 2 car garage. It is like musical chairs when someone has to get out.

SonyaAnn said...

Mamma has spoken-You are a funny mamma! It is so hard to get in and out at our house. The garage is behind the house and it is a one lane driveway. At times, we have to pull into the front yard to move everything around.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I keep reminding them of this and they are still very grateful. Who knew?

SonyaAnn said...

Jenny Woolf-Our closest friends are from Stoke on Trent.They had one car. When they came here, they had 1 van. Then they bought a car and now are talking about getting another. We are in a populated area but there is not public transportation. That was the one thing that they noticed, you can't get around here without a car. Everything is sooooooo spaced out.