Tuesday, May 8, 2012

College Cooking

Back in the day, I made up an easy dinner/lunchable for the kids. It wasn't too bad for $4.30!
Anna is getting her first apartment in August. So I think that I am going to put together a folder with really simple and easy meals to make. It will kind of be like the bad day box but for the kitchen! To be honest, she has so much more potential for cooking than I ever had but everyone has to have their first kitchen so I hope this will help. I'm also going to get her some spices. I'm sure that Den will love to help with this project. He's all about the bedroom kitchen. 
So if you have any ideas for some super easy meals. Please let me know, I would really appreciate it and I'll even put your name on it when I make up the recipes for Anna. This will kind of be like the "Get the Hell out list by Frances" list that we came up with. I just realized that I need to come up with a list for her new apartment too. It's furnished but we have to collect everything else this summer. Garage sales, here we come. And I'm sure that our family and friends will contribute to her latest cause too!
Have a great day,
SonyaAnn


12 comments:

slugmama said...

So Anna is tired of dorm life and and the luscious cuisine of the dining hall already?lol

My eldest is going the apt. route too this summer for his last year. But mine can't cook! I told him his girlfriend would be super busy this year making sure he didn't starve.
I'll be trying to come up with super easy cuisine for mine too.
My 1st recommendation is a CROCKPOT and just throw a hunk of meat and spices in it. That's the kind of cooking my kid can do successfully.lol

Mamma has spoken said...

There's a book that I've bought for many a relatives called "Where's My Mother When I Needed Her." What's great about it is it has EVERYTHING in it from how to do laundry,get rid of stains, to medical, to cooking including basic cooking techniques. Barnes and Noble carries it.
I've had people who were at the different functions go out and buy the book for themselves or their children. It's that helpful of a book.

Mark said...

Cooking is hard. That why I have a French Chef on hand.
But after everyone submits their recipes, you should mix up the recipes and have your blogger Friends make a dish and submit the photos back to you. Watcha think?
m.

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-Ahhhhh, I think that we will need to invest in one off those things. I love my crockpot.
Have you asked your son's gf if she can cook? Maybe get her a crockpot.

SonyaAnn said...

Mamma has spoken-I have never heard of that book before. I'm going to see if Amazon has it and I can get it cheap. It would be nice if Anna could pass it on to DJ even though I think that the boy will never leave here.

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-Den was a chef too, what is it with those French boys?
Oh Mark, I think if they mixed everything together it would be a pile of slop but if I give her cooking lessons that what she will end up with.

Frances said...

I found a great cookbook for Chance on Amazon. Of course, then he deployed and when he came back he stayed in the barracks...but I think it is great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0764576739/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

It is really basic and has things like what utensils you need and how to use them and descriptions of different pasta shapes.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-You really do love Anna! I'll jump over and check it out. You are great!

Mamma has spoken said...

Found the book for a penny on Amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_11?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=where%27s+mom+now+that+i+need+her&sprefix=Where%27s+Mom%2Cstripbooks%2C183

Frances said...

See, SonyaAnn, get her a couple of books and she will be set.

She is in college....she should be able to read. ;-)

SonyaAnn said...

Mamma has spoken-YOU ROCK! I love you for taking care of my daughter!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-HAHAHA, I hope she can read!