Monday, May 7, 2012

Mayor of Crazy Town


Did you ever look around and think, "WOW, my life really is nuts even by a crazy person's standards." I would just like to introduce myself as mayor of nutsville. I mean really, who does this shit happen too? Oh wait, me. Mind you, I'm not as concerned as most people would be about this situation only because my threshold for crap is much higher than others. This is a bit odd though and I thought, "Hmmmm, I should share this with you just so you feel better about your life." I'm really just alive as an example of what not to do. I'm a giver really.
Den's ex-girlfriend from before me. Yes, Den had a before. As in that "before" was just about pining away for me even though he had never met me. He assures me of this. Well not really, that's what I tell him to think. Anywho, his ex from a life time ago. Please keep in mind that Den and I have been together for 18 years. Say that slowly..........18 years. That is a very long time. So his ex from before me, doesn't like me. Whatever. He had broken up with her before me.
Some of our social circles still bump into each other, its a big town but not that big. And FaceBook has shrunk our circles even more. Anyways back to the story, I was talking to Dalten's mom, Kathy. Kathy is best friend's with Den's sister. Den's sister and Kathy and Den's ex all went to school together. Are you groaning yet?
I was telling Kathy about how Den's ex always says the exact opposite that I do if I leave a comment on someone's page that we both know. Mind you, I am not friend's with his ex in life or on Facebook. I just don't care enough to be friends with her.
Kathy said, "Hmmmmmmm, that is really odd." I just looked at her and said how Den's ex also contacted Anna on Facebook to tell her about why she wasn't with her dad. She wanted Anna to know her side of the story. So to recap-This nut job became friend's with our daughter just to tell her about why their relationship didn't work out. Because Anna was a teenager she would be friends with anyone, it's their thing not to edit their social circle online. I told Anna to unfriend her. She said no because she thought she was nuts and it was funny. Anna was 18 at the time and I couldn't do anything about it. Anna said the ex wasn't mean to her but  upset. AGAIN-Den and I have been together for 18 years! They dated 1 year when she was in high school and he had just gotten out.
Kathy then piped in that Den's ex had contacted her on Facebook to get all of the info on Den. Kathy knew that this was really out of place so just said he is married with kids.
Kathy then added, "You know, it's just a matter of time before she is wearing his skin!"
I told Den about it. Because he has an ego he said, "Well maybe I am just that good." Because I am a bitch loving wife, I added,"I have been with your ass for 18 years and I don't like you enough to stalk you." For some reason after I said that, he seemed a bit deflated. DJ said let her get sight of what he looks like now and this will all end! I think the boy takes after his mother.
Go and feel better about your life,
SonyaAnn

18 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I agree - CA-RAAAAZYY!!

Ok, this is unrelated, but since I'm kinda new around here, I was trying to put everyone in their place. Den is the husband, Anna and DJ are your kids, right? Is Dalten his child from a first marriage? I'm a wee bit confused. And, I'm too lazy to go back through your archives to figure it out. :S

Just to clarify, the ex-GIRLfriend (because she was just a GIRL when they dated in high school, for Pete's sake!!)is out of her mind. I think it's really creepy that she would contact your daughter through FB. You should have your daughter post pictures of her parents being all lovely dovey, smoochin' and whatnot. Two can play the crazy game. ;-)

Mamma has spoken said...

Nope not crazy at all. My best girlfriend's husband still talks to many of his ex's AND their family. In fact every time they go to Florida on vacation, they have to stop and visit one of them! When I tell her that's weird, she says she knows but doesn't do anything about it. He even has lunch once a month with one of the ex girlfriends. They've been together for 25+ years, hubby doesn't see anything wrong with what he is doing. I tease him that he's making sure to keep his clientele: he's a funeral home director ;o)

Mark said...

Ugh, that's so complicated...
Why can't you Straight people be normal? Seriously, just f*@! someone and move on already! Really, why's this so hard? What am I missing?
m.

Sheila said...

wow, thanks for making my life seem so uncomplicated...

slugmama said...

This gal is just another example of someone who is unable to move on with their life and GROW UP!

My SIL is similar in that she obsesses over her ex boyfriends and her ex husband.....at least she isn't a stalker and just talks incessantly about them and THAT is bad enough!lol

Seriously, but distance between this woman and your kids/hubs if you can.
Go make Den watch "Fatal Attraction" and then have a long talk with him. ;-)

Jenny Woolf said...

Someone should offer to organise her a life. Somewhere on the other side of the world.

SonyaAnn said...

ChiTown-Dalten is the little boy that I babysit for. Dalten's mother went to school with nut job. That is why she was asking about my husband cuz she knew that Kathy would know what was going on here.
That woman really is a mess. I keep telling Den that if he pisses me off I'm going to give his number to her. Something is wrong with me too.

SonyaAnn said...

Mamma has spoken-That is very weird even by my standards. I think that I would have put a stop to seeing an ex girlfriend say 24+ years ago. I don't care if he is trying to drum up business or not. My hubs wouldn't go on a lunch date with any of his exes.

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-Den just thinks that he is all that now. But don't worry I am here to take him down a notch or two.
And I agree straight people are a bit odd.

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-I'm just here to make you feel better!

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-I just think this is funny. Den not so much. He just shook his head and looked confused. He does that a lot.
I would like to think that if Den and I ever broke up, I would be able to get over him in a little less time than say 18 years. Try 18 minutes.

SonyaAnn said...

Jenny Woolf-So should I ship her to you?

D.Lynn said...

Wow! The crazy train has left the station with her on board - that's for damn sure!
And Mark - LMAO!
Seriously though, Sluggy had it right with the whole Fatal Attraction thing :) And Den, well he's a guy and of course is flattered that someone from that long ago still stalks him. There's a reason they're from another planet... (shakes head in disbelief at the whole story).

slugmama said...

I think Jenny had the best idea.....start digging a hole to China SonyaAnn so you can throw her in it!lol

SonyaAnn said...

D.Lynn-I'm still shaking my head about this one. Really after 18 years you would think you would find something better to do or someone better to stalk!

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-I'm lazy, I'll dig it 6 feet deep!

Frances said...

"it's just a matter of time before she is wearing his skin"

What does that even mean????

I think it is funny when you run across someone that just can't let go of their past. Pitiful, but funny.

Den IS all that! But only because he is with you.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I think that she was referring to Silence of the Lambs. Kind of like wanting to be so close to him that she will wear him!
To be honest, I have never known anyone like that before. You have heard of "the crazy bitch" but I have never dealt with it.