Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Appliance Gods

I told Den that the appliance gods would punish us for buying new appliances when some were still working. Everyone knows that when you buy something that you don't need, you will be punished. I tried to convince everyone that we needed them. 17 years is a long time for some appliances but they obviously had some life left in them. And the appliances gods knew this and punished us. The TV in the rec room went out. Grrrr. That TV was 11 years old and boy did we get our moneys worth out of it. That sucker would be on for the entire weekend without a break. That TV was the center of the universe for my boys(Den and DJ). Den handled it very well. He was almost giddy about the death of his beloved television. He has been eying some bad ass 60 inch TVs. I think he broke it.
So the good news is I'm getting the rec room painted. Confused? I'm not buying a pretty new TV and putting it in a room that needs to be painted. Any bets on how fast he will get this project done? I'm guessing very, very, quickly.

I have been keeping an eye out for a new recliner. That bad boy will do it all. If he is getting a new TV, I should get a comfy chair to watch it in. Maybe I should kill the old recliner just to make sure that I get it faster. Now if only we had some extra cash!
I'm goin' shopping,
SonyaAnn

14 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

Hehehe reading the comments before me and they want you to be a spammer on your own facebook page. Want to loose a few friends on fb? just go ahead and do it;o)
Oh and for your post, yep things break in threes around here too. And it's when you spend your money when you don't actually have to, that the third thing breaks.....

slugmama said...

Well we all know where Den's Vegas winnings are going, now, don't we??lol

If you need to break and replace anything else, just buy Den another plane ticket....he'll know what to do....

Mark said...

They have one of those chairs at the Mall that vibrates and squeezes me in all the right places. If I had an extra $2000.00, I'd have Fred deported.
m.

McVal said...

Wow! Does that chair have the back and butt massage functionality?
cool...

Jenny Woolf said...

All our appliances seem to be giving up the ghost at the same time. Also, some ***?!!** scraped all the way down the side of our car and every panel, the side mirrors, the hub caps, every damn thing on that side has to be replaced. :(

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma has spoken-That guy above you is an ass!
And I can't wait to see what the other 2 things are. My guess is the freezer downstairs. Any bets?

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I still have one free ticket and the hotel will give me half off so for $25 a night and one plane ticket we could go back. I'm scaring me.

Sonya Ann said...

Mark-Now look we have all prayed and cried to keep Fred here-he stays no matter what!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Yes it does. Nothing would ever get done here and I'm ok with that.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-I had some woman back into the front of my car and when I came out some bastard had hit the back of my car and drove off. What is wrong with people? I hope that your insurance will cover the damage. We also had some ass take the bumper off of our van and didn't have insurance and we had to pay $500 to have it put back. ASSES!

Frances said...

I missed the ass's comment. Errrr...sorry....errrr happy...to hear about Den't tv.

I bet the den will be painted over the weekend. LOL!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I would love for it to get painted ASAP. A girl can dream!

Jane said...

You could use your Vegas winnings, if you need more $$ send Den on another pee break!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-If it means more money, I will join him.