Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Boring Money

I'm just here to bore you. Feel free to thank me.
I got $6 from Pinecone and $25 from BP. So I'm at......................
Pinecone $42
Toluna $80
BP $175
For a grand total of------$297
I also won a $100 Amazon giftcard from the kind and loving Donna Freedman over at her site Surviving and Thriving.  She likes me best, what can I say. I'm going to use it to buy gifts for Christmas.
And I checked on the rebates from our lovely stainless steel mess and they have been approved and are on there way.
I haven't seen any gift card deals lately. Jewel used to run a deal that if you bought $100 worth of cards you got a $20 cat. I don't see that happening anytime soon but a girl can dream. If I do get lucky and they have the deal again, I will buy the gift cards and use the cats to pay for my weekly groceries. And then I will save my grocery money and add it to my Christmas fund. I think that is fair. I just want to keep this as simple as possible and show everyone that it is possible to have a free Christmas with just a bit of time, some planning, and creativity.
That's all she wrote,
SonyaAnn

12 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

The only kind of cat I know about is the kind with whiskers and a tail. I guess you are not talking about that kind of cat:)

Mark said...

Yep, you certainly did it.
Thank you.
m.

SonyaAnn said...

Jenny Woolf-Cat is short for catalina. Catalinas print out sometimes on grocery deals. It's like free money. Thank god you don't get a free cat when you run deals at the store. I would have millions of animals!

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-So are you saying you are bored?

slugmama said...

What an oxymoron.....money?.....boring?
Not. a. chance.

It's either happy(coming into your pocket)or painful(leaving your pocket), never boring.

And neither are you....boring, that is....

They had a cat for gift cards purchase here recently but I couldn't get my butt off the chair to drive down the mountain to do it.
I am a sad sad disappointment to couponers everywhere it seems.
Just not feeling it lately. 8-(

McVal said...

Wow. A free Christmas... That would be awesome! I want to do that some year with all the extended family for sure. Or just give them a yard of fabric and say Merry Christmas... Do it yourself!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I agree it is lovely going into your pocket and painful when it leaves. Kinda like a splinter.
And what has happened to you? You were the queen of coupons. DO you think that you will get back into it or are you done? The deals just aren't so great around here and they are picked over by the time I get there.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Your family would probably know what to do with yards and yards of fabric. I would be completely lost. I have failed you.

Frances said...

You are doing great! I would love to win a $100 Amazon gc. I LOVE Amazon.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-It's a wonderful place!

Jane said...

Well that makes up for some of the $$ you spent finding out you have a bulging vein under your tongue!!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-HAHAHA, nice tie in!