Thursday, June 14, 2012

Not Much

This is Anna all dressed and ready for her 1st day as a lifeguard. I can honestly say, that I have never known anyone to receive so much training for a summer job. She had to pay to take a course and that took days. Then 6 Flags trained her for many, many more days and she still isn't done. Feel safe people.
She had to snatch a kid from the water on her first day. A dad decided that it was a good idea to let his 2 year old go down a water slide on his own. Anna found the little one floating face down in the lazy river. He was alright and started crying and snotting right away. I asked Anna if the mother thanked her for saving her son. She said no, the mom was too busy screaming at the dad calling him a fucking retard and then asked him what kind of man sends a two year old down a water slide by himself. Anna said the woman screamed at him until she(Anna) felt better about the entire situation. Common sense- some got two scoops, some got none.
And that's it around here.
Have a great Thursday,
SonyaAnn

12 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh my hell, what a fucking idiot! I probably wouldn't be able to do that job, since I would be the one telling the dad he was an asshole, and I'd be fired within the first 5 minutes.

Mamma has spoken said...

I'm trying to figure out what a two year old was doing in an adult part of the pool and not the 'kiddie' part :o/

Sonya Ann said...

ChiTown Girl-Some guy shoved her the same day. She isn't allowed to take her eyes off of the water. So this guy didn't like that she didn't look at him when they were talking. She got a supervisor.

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma has spoken-I have no idea but since the dad was with I guess they figured he was capable of taking care of his kid.

Annie said...

Our pool does rescue simulations just about every day. They're making me a nervous wreck. The first one caught me off guard (no pun intended), to the point that once I figured out it wasn't real, I almost started sobbing. Then again, I almost sobbed over hearing an oldies montage on the radio. Can you say perimenopausal?

Frances said...

Well, I will feel really safe....if I come to visit....and go to Six Flags....this summer.

Yeah, probably won't happen.

But I am glad that Anna got all that training. She will be the calm person in an emergency.

slugmama said...

I hope 6 Flags is paying Anna what she is worth....ok, probably not.....lol

I couldn't do that job. I'd had been fired the first day for taking off the head of some dildo jerk.
Yah, I said dildo...

Sonya Ann said...

Annie-Let's not talk about Pre-anything. It makes me nervous about what is to come.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-The running joke is that she will be much better prepared the next time I quit breathing.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I'M SO PISSED! She has paid a shit ton of money to get certified but has only worked one day! She isn't going to come in close to what she needs to make for the summer. I'm worried. Half her summer is gone so she will be short for next year.

Jane said...

OMG!! There should be a qualifying test for "would be parents" - that guy would NOT have passed!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I would never be able to do Anna's job or yours for that matter. You are a saint.