Monday, July 23, 2012

Best Money Saving Tip Ever!

Ugh, this is the best tip that I have probably ever posted and it was Den's idea. He is an evil genius. Well, he is evil. See I like to give him compliments every once in a while.
We have a BP credit card and we get 5% back on all gas purchases. I'm pretty sure that everyone knows that by now since I post non-stop about how I use that money to fund our free Christmas(hopefully).
BP also gives you $.10 to $.20 off a gallon if you purchase a car wash. The car wash is $5 for the cheapest one. If I purchase 10 gallons, I get $2 off and the car wash only costs me $3. It's a great car wash and the $3 is well spent in my opinion. It takes me hours to wash the van even with the kids complaining help. It's worth it to avoid the fights. I get the car wash once in a while as a treat to me.  My life is sad and that just proved it.
Here is the evil genius part, Den said that we should bring all the cars at the same time. If we filled each tank with 10 gallons(my van holds more than 19 gallons, the cars hold around 12-I think. So we would save even more than this) and we have 4 cars, we save $8. With paying for the car wash, we would save $3. But we would also get 5% back with the BP card and be saving $.20 a gallon.
There isn't much you can do to save money on gas other than air up your tires and take the junk out of your trunk. But this one really will save some money when you fill up.
Now to coordinate a time so we can all fill up!
I have gas,
Sonya Ann

8 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

Here, Kroger's gives you fuel reward points (you get .10 cents off each gallon in one transaction for every $100 you spend in their store. Bonus points for buying gift cards). Every month, I get my points up to a $1.00 off each gallon then we take any and every car and the gas can to fill up. Granted there is a max to how much gas you can get at this price but as of this post, we've yet to reach our max at that fill up.

Mark said...

Den got it all! Looks, Trophy Wife and now Brains!
You're so lucky.
m.

McVal said...

Must be amazing to live with Michael Myers!!! aka Den...
When my mom's car was basically running on fumes, we lived in Sioux City. VERY hilly area. She would turn off the car at the top of a hill and coast for about 2 miles... Then turn it back on to drive into the gas station. I think that was her way to save gas. Another way was to make us walk every where. We lived 2 miles from any paved roads or stores...
Good luck with that 20 cents!!! You GO girl!

Frances said...

You and Den are the perfect pair....

Evil

and

Genius.

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma has spoken-That is AWESOME! $1 off a gallon is amazing. We don't have a Kroger but we are getting an Aldi in November and that is the most exciting thing around here.

Sonya Ann said...

Mark-I LOVE YOU! That comment will keep me happy for the entire day. Now if you could just tell Den to agree with you-my life would be golden!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-We don't have any hills around here. I could shut the car off and make DJ push. That would save a ton of gas!
You mom is so smart and frugal!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Between you and Mark, I'm on cloud 9!