Monday, July 16, 2012

Christmas Crap

Even I am getting a bit sick of me blathering on about Christmas. So I will continue anyways just to annoy myself. I'm a bit like DJ today. Not good people, not good.
I got a $25 gift card from My Points for Bass Pro Shop. I'm counting it in the tally. It's like free money, right?  It's kinda better than free money since I don't have to take the cash and go shopping. Anywho, I'm the boss of this mess and that's how I'm doing it. Can you tell that I have been putting the smack down on the people that I live with?
And here is what we have....................
My Points $25 (gift card)
Send Earnings $27.94
Pinecone $48
Toluna $80
Amazon Gift card $100(won)
BP $225
HHGregg Visa cards $469.99
For a grand total of------$975.93


So the gifts that I have look a little something like this..........................
1 $25 Bass Pro Shop Gift card(free)
4 $25 Amazon Gift Cards(I paid FULL PRICE)
2 $10 Boston Market Gift card for $10
2 $10 Chili's gift cards(free?)
3 felt hats  at $1.93 each.  $5.79 for all(50% off)
2 Christmas bells at $4 each. $8 for all(50% off)
1 tabletop ping pong for free(was $10 marked down to $5 used my CVS bucks to pay for it)
6 spatulas for1.92 each. $11.52 for all(70% off)
9 plates for 1.92 each. $17.28 for all(70% off)
11 cookies jars at 6.39 each. $70.29 for all(70% off)
 I've spent $222.88. If I had paid full price, it would have been $532.88. I'm at 58.18% savings rate. It feels pretty good to get the money for free and then turn around and save almost 60% on the things that I do buy.
Wish I was this clever with the mortgage,
SonyaAnn

12 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

Well at least you only have five months to go ;o)
As for me, I have nothing, nada, zilch. But then I'm known for waiting until the week before Christmas to do my shopping....

Mark said...

It's Christmas? Wait, what month is this? Gotta go!
m.

McVal said...

I'm a Christmas nut anyway, so blather on lady!!!

slugmama said...

I just like looking at you getting all freaky with money and shit so it's all good.

I have a great idea for you! This Christmas I say you just run away to Vegas and keep all that cash and gifties for yourself!!
By the time you get back, the Holiday will be long gone and everyone on that gift list will have forgotten about Xmas and not be waiting for goodies, right?
Of course, you can give me some of those amazon gift cards for my brilliant idea. ;-)

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, you are doing great!

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma has spoken-I used to have to wait to Christmas shop. I needed to see how much money I could come up with. This is better for me. Maybe not you though.

Sonya Ann said...

Mark-Yes, it's Christmas. What are you getting me?

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-:) :) :) :)

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I'm freaky and you love it!
We are talking about going again. I have saved all of the winnings minus the tv and still have 1 free airline ticket. It would be a super cheap trip!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Awwwww shucks, I feel special.

Muhammad Atif said...

On Christmas I say you just run away to Vegas and keep all that cash and gifts, like Eid gifts to Pakistan.

Sonya Ann said...

Muhammad Atif-We will do anything to go to Vegas. Thank you so much for coming to see me!