Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Frugal Fail

I did something a little bad, no wait Den and I did something bad. Oh Hell who am I kidding, let's just blame him. I'm glad that we agree.
Before we get into the part where we all agree that it's Den's fault, I got another $25 from BP. So I have made this much money........................
My Points $25 (gift card)
Send Earnings $27.94
Pinecone $51
Toluna $80
Amazon Gift card $100(won)
BP $250
HHGregg Visa cards $469.99
For a grand total of------$1003.93
And here is the part that we have shamed ourselves. I received a lovely little card/advertisement from Chase. Open a new checking account and get $200 free! It took all of 45 minutes to earn that money. I wish I could do that all day long. I would love to say that I will be throwing that into the Christmas fund. Here is where you need to start sighing in disbelief and shaking your head- it is going into the Vegas fund. We haven't spent any of the money that Den won except for the massive tv that he bought. We need to bulk up that fund because we are going again in September. We never do stuff like this-EVER! But it seems like we should reinvest the money in Vegas, you know, let it roll. It's a free trip and things like this never happen to Den and I. I'm taking it as a gift from above and enjoying it. If we come back with $200, I'll put it in the Christmas fund and we will pretend that this conversation never happened.
Shhhhhh,
Sonya Ann

11 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

I've gotten those before in the mail and threw them away. I didn't like all the strings attached to getting the money.
But hey, $200 to spend on another vacation sounds great! May you more then double your money when you get there!

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma has spoken-I think if we did win anything, I would save it for another trip. Terrible but true. With the little bit that we will have to add, it really is like getting a free trip.

slugmama said...

It's your money so hey!, spend it how you want and how it makes you happy, right?
Just don't come crying to us in Dec. when you don't have enough to gift all those crazy relations. You can explain to THEM why their gift bag is empty....."Sorry Cousin Ferd, but Den & I had a great time spending your gift money in Vegas!...I hope you don't mind."
I'm just sayin.....lolol

Whatever you do I still loves ya! But I'd loves ya more if you took me with you!!!

Mark said...

There were too many numbers in that post. My head is swimming. But I did hear "Vegas"! I think it's time for a new pair of hooker heels! For you, not Den!
m.

Jenny Woolf said...

Oh I think you need fun. Wouldn't trust the gods of Vegas TOO much though... but you never know.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I would love to take you with! We could get into so much trouble with all of the free drinks!

Sonya Ann said...

Mark-I think Den would look great in hooker heels!

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-The gods of Vegas are very addicting!

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, not a frugal fail at all. We are frugal so that we can spend money on things we enjoy. You enjoy Vegas. I call it a success.

Unknown said...

Frances-That one comment alleviated all of my guilt!!!! You are good.

Sonya Ann said...

Hmmmm-I guess my new name is Unknown. I left that comment. Odd!