Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bell's Are Ringing

It may seem like I am picking on my children this week. I am not. I'm smarting off left and right because well, I'm a bit sick of them. It is the end of the summer and I'm run ragged with trying to organize everything they need. The people that I live with aren't smart enough to know that they are causing a huge catastrophe for the person next in line by not replacing an empty toilet paper roll, there is no way they will remember pencils.
The more I am around children the more I have begun to decipher their language. Girl speak goes a little something like this, "drama, whine, cry." Boy speak goes like this, "blank stare, grunt, fart."
Girls will also throw themselves on you and cry until your shirt is wet. Boys will just punch you in the arm. I prefer the punching. There I have cracked the kid code. I wonder if I will get a Nobel prize.
On with the story......................................
I tried to give DJ a hug the other day. He shrugged me away and gave me a push. He has told me before that hugging kills his soul. Whatever. So I said, at least give me a smile if I'm not going to hug me. He said he was unable to smile. I told him I forgot that he couldn't smile because he had bell's palsy.
Evil, evil, evil,
Sonya Ann

18 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

" Girl speak goes a little something like this, "drama, whine, cry." Boy speak goes like this, "blank stare, grunt, fart." "

You just made my day, and the sun isn't even up yet!!!

Mamma has spoken said...

No girl drama here but your description of the boy drama fits here. Youngest son who always gave me hugs and kisses, now refuses. Makes my day when he gives me a peck on the top of my head.

Mark said...

Honestly, you should market a translator. Every parent would buy one! And yes, I prefer punches over whining too.
m.
p.s. Johnny still hugs me. I hope it doesn't stop.

slugmama said...

I have always said SA was a Sooooper Genius! *done in my best Wiley Coyote voice*

Girl drama here? Well, since June we are on our 3rd boyfriend. The current one she met online(good grief!)and she wants to drive to Louisiana to see him....that's 1500 miles one way.....in OUR car.....the one we bought so she could get to community college.
And she actually thought I would say YES....I think she dropped her brain out the window on the interstate while I drove her home in May from college....seriously.....

Jill said...

I always joke that God gave me girls because my heart couldn't handle boys...lol.

Sonya Ann said...

ChiTown Girl-Glad I made ya smile!!!

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma has spoken-It is so sad when the boys stop being cuddly!

Sonya Ann said...

Mark-You are lucky that Johnny still hugs you. That clock is ticking though.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Girls are sooooooo difficult! Boys just shoot you dirty looks and go pout. Girls on the other hand, will torture you with their sass. Trust me I know!
1500 miles is quite the trip. LOL she thought you would say yes!

Sonya Ann said...

Jill-If you would like, I''ll send DJ to you just so you know what it is like. The smell might get ya though.

Out My window said...

Yeah, baby elephant is up at her Sorority it was so time for her to go.....

McVal said...

LOL! Hugging kills your soul?? That's a new one!
I'll let you know if boys ever grow up.... So far I'm not seeing any hope.

Sonya Ann said...

Out My window-We love them but............................

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-You were supposed to give me hope!

Donna Freedman said...

So if hugging kills his soul...Would taking a picture of you hugging him kill AND steal his soul? If so, would it steal it and then kill it? Or kill it first...but then why bother to steal it? Who wants a dead soul?

Sonya Ann said...

Donna Freedman-He isn't Amish, he is Shittish. It is a different religion all together. Sorry for the miscommunication. I think he is fine with having his picture taken(he will probably cross his eyes and stick out his tongue though) it is just the hugging that will crush him!

Frances said...

Chance always hugged me. I guess I am lucky. :-)

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-You are a lucky lady!!!!