Thursday, August 23, 2012

Christmas Carol Fund



I've been doing pretty well finding free money for Christmas and Vegas. Just opening the "junk" mail seems to be really helping. I got $200 from Chase just for opening a checking account.
I just got a flyer from Energy Plus. They are a new electricity supplier. If I changed from our current supplier to them, they would give us $75 after 2 months service. They would also give us  3% cash back on the supply portion of our bill every 12 months. There are no enrollment fees, monthly fees, switching fees, or cancellation fees. And they are about 10% lower than ComEd. I like to read the fine print, what can I say.
So the $75 will be going into the Christmas fund and the 3% will be added to the fund next year. I like setting up things like this to fund Christmas Future and Christmas Present. 
Thanks for stopping by,
Sonya-Glad I wore my pretty dress-Ann

8 comments:

Mark said...

So, you're blonde now? It works!
m.

slugmama said...

Just don't wear that dress out on the strip in Vegas.....just sayin'.....

Mamma has spoken said...

Hey, at least you are able to avoid the temptation not to use the money in other places. Me? I would so be spending it on something else instead of saving then when Christmas comes, scrambling to find the money......

Frances said...

Well, there you go. Finding money all over the place. I am so proud.

Sonya Ann said...

Mark-I tried it once, it didn't work! Trust me on this one!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-They might cart me away if I wore it here, there I would probably be alright!

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma has spoken-I may be trying to scrounge money at Christmas. You never know.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-You made my day!!!!!