Thursday, August 16, 2012

Girl's Night in box

I feel like I'm neglecting you terribly. Forgive me! DJ is back in school and Anna is moved in to her new apartment. Yay, maybe I can relax a bit.
Anyways, I repurposed the Bad Day Box. That was the little box that I filled with goodies in case she had a bad day. Her roommate at the time was cause for many a little gifts to be opened.
I have a stash of little gifts such as nail polish and hair-ties. All things that I have gotten super cheap or free. Be proud, be very proud.
I gathered some nail polish, make-up, mud masks, a card game, little paint kits, and a $10 Subway card and put them in the box. I figure that Anna and her roommate Becca will have some fun nights doing their toes and facials, thanks to the girls' night in box.
Anna and Becca were roommates last year in the dorm so having an actual apartment will be like going from living in a closet to a palace.
And there is no alcohol in the girl's night in box. I'm mean like that.
Have a great day,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

McVal said...

You are a GREAT Mom! No matter what your rotten kids say!!!
What a wonderful idea.

Hey! Did you have a list once upon a time about what to get when sending a kid off to college? Can you email me that?

Mark said...

No alcohol? Don't bother sending me a Girls' Night in a Box!
m.

Mamma has spoken said...

No alcohol? Guessing there weren't condoms in it either. Guessing it's been a while since you've been in college ;o)

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I hope they stay in and don't party and enjoy the box!

http://amommoneyandmore2.blogspot.com/2010/06/im-list-maker.html

I hope the list helps! We bought everything off of the list and didn't have to run to the store once. Some people had to make many trips.

Sonya Ann said...

Mark-I thought your girl's night in box was a box of wine.

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma has spoken-God NO, no condoms!!!!

Frances said...

Sounds like an old married ladies night out box. LOL!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Well when you say it like that...................

Jenny Woolf said...

What a nice idea! I might suggest someone makes this kind of a box for me :D

Mark said...

You got me there!
m.

Donna Freedman said...

I thought it was going to contain a vibrator. Oh well.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-She said that they already used some of it. Made my day!

Sonya Ann said...

Mark-;)

Sonya Ann said...

Donna Freedman-Dear Lord woman!