Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Ramblings of an Idiot

I'm starting to get back into the swing of things. YAY! Anna is all settled in and DJ is back in school. I have two Juniors, one in college and one in high school. I'm old!
This was a crazy and exhausting summer. It wouldn't have been so bad except that I had to drive DJ to Six Flags and it ate up 2 hours of my day up to 6 days a week. But he did end up with 4 months car insurance and a bunch of new parts for his paint ball gun. He said he might go back next year, Anna said the same thing. I'm trying to convince DJ to work at the water park with Anna. Since the water park is only open from 11am-7 pm they could ride together. I'm sure no one will listen to me. Anna said she is first going to try and get a full time job at school next summer. Since we will be paying rent year round, she thinks it is silly to move home. We shall see what happens. Just as long as everyone is working, I'll stop nagging. Haha, probably not.
Since I know that you can't live with out my updates, I got another $3 from Pinecone. Now don't you feel better!
So here is what we have,
 My Points $25 (gift card)
Send Earnings $27.94
Pinecone $54
Toluna $80
Amazon Gift card $100(won)
BP $250
HHGregg Visa cards $469.99
For a grand total of------$1006.93
I'm happy with that!
Have a great day,
Sonya Ann

6 comments:

slugmama said...

Who wouldn't be happy with a $1000 worth of gifts!
Now if you could just KEEP IT ALL and not have to dole it out to the relatives....lol

Those kids really REALLY need to carpool next summer if they are both home. Better yet, have DJ get a job in the town Anna goes to school, so that when she gets that full time summer job there, DJ can move in with her for the summer. You won't be able to hear them fight from there...ok, maybe you will.....lol....but it's better than having them in your house 24/7 catterwalling.

Mamma has spoken said...

Oh the fun of having a working child who has no transportation to get to and from work.
I don't miss those days one bit....

Frances said...

As always, you are so much nicer than me. I would not have spent 2 hours a day driving my kids so they could get stuff for paintball. Wait, I didn't drive mine to earn money for car insurance.

My kids were right! I WAS a mean mom.

Just kidding....they never SAID that. LOL!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Just imagine what I could do with $1000. Go to Vegas.
They are trying to kill me. That's their plan, I'm sure of it.
And Den and I have both talked about shipping DJ off to live with Anna but God only knows what kind of a mess we would get back. I''m sure that Anna would find it funny to get him drunk.

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma has spoken-Not fun! But DJ has his license now so he can drive himself!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-You aren't a mean mom! I'm just a push-over!