Thursday, September 27, 2012

This Worked!


I actually tried one of the things that I posted about. I feel so creative. It's kinda nice.
I made the DIY Liquid soap from Creative Cain Cabin.

I changed a few things though. I used Ivory soap and I made soap clouds(microwave half a bar of Ivory soap for about 30 seconds and then crumble it when it cools).


I then cooked the soap "dust" and water. We let it cool overnight. What I found the next morning was the strangest thing ever.
It wasn't a liquid and it wasn't a solid. DJ and I had a blast playing with it though. It reminded me of Bob from Monsters vs. Aliens.

On the second day, I didn't add as much water as the directions said. I added 16 cups instead of 24. I didn't get 2 gallons of soap but I'm happy with the consistency. It doesn't lather like regular hand soap and is a bit more "snotty" but your hands feel really clean afterwards. So for $1.34 I have enough hand soap to last months. I will be doing this from now on, it so much cheaper and its too much fun not to.
Off to wash,
Sonya Ann

16 comments:

D.Lynn said...

Sounds like good, clean fun :)

Sonya Ann said...

D.Lynn-Good one!

McVal said...

cool!!! I need to try this out.

Mamma has spoken said...

Tomorrow: homemade laundry soap ;o)

Frances said...

Well, good for you!

Hawaii Planner said...

Excellent - I need to break my Bath & Body Works soap dependency. I'm embarassed to admit how much I spend on soap. But, I have two small boys at my house, & can always tell if they've thoroughly washed by how fragrant their little hands are. ;-)

slugmama said...

I think I'll do this and make it a bit thicker so it's body wash consistency, and then pour it into one of my son's empty Axe bottles. Did I tell you he is addicted to Axe now? I am allergic to it's price...lol

slugmama said...

I think I'll do this and make it a bit thicker so it's body wash consistency, and then pour it into one of my son's empty Axe bottles. Did I tell you he is addicted to Axe now? I am allergic to it's price...lol

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I'm still loving it.

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-Now that you mention it..............................

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I'm just so exciting!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-DJ and Den use that stuff. I spilled it on my hand and couldn't get the smell off. It kinda stinks.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-ditto!

Sonya Ann said...

Hawaii Planner-I wonder if you could make something like this with a really expensive and fragrant soap. hmmmmmm, I have an idea.

Cheapchick said...

I have been meaning to try this - when my stash of couponed liquid soap runs low. Thanks for sharing!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Thank you for coming to visit me!
And I ran out! I usually run deals to get hand soap but I ran out before I could stock up. And now I'm really stocked up!