Thursday, October 18, 2012

Best Household Tip

I love my new frig/freezer. It is a gift for the appliance gods. The only problem is the ice cubes smell from time to time. I know this is not a terrible problem to have in the grand scale of life but it does bother me. So I have taken to washing them. I put a few smelly cubes in a glass and then pour some alcohol over them. I continue this process until the ice cubes are all washed and/or gone and I don't give a shit anymore. Feel free to incorporate this tip into your cleaning routine.
Or you could just dump the old ice cubes down the garbage disposal. The ice cubes will help to keep the blades sharp. Ice cubes absorb some of the scents in the freezer so by using/dumping the cubes you won't get stinky ice cubes in your drink.
I like my first idea the best.
Off to clean my cubes,
Sonya Ann

10 comments:

Sheila said...

Great tip! I plan on trying this at happy hour tonight :)

ChiTown Girl said...

You are brilliant! Have you email Martha with that little tip? ;-)

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-I'm always there for you!

Sonya Ann said...

ChiTown Girl-Martha comes to me all the time looking for helpful tips!

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

You and your smelly-iced fridge, actin' all smart and stuff!

slugmama said...

Ok, the first place I looked at this post was the end....and I thought I saw,
"Off to clean my pubes".

Now I really DO need a drink!LOLOL

Frances said...

I need to buy some booze in case my ice cubes start to smell!

Sonya Ann said...

Annie-No, actin' all drunk and stuff!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-BAHAHAHA, rereading is such a gift.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I think it is a good plan!