Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Christmas...........Whatever

Maybe half naked men will keep us interested in this boring post.
I got another $3 from Pinecone and I won a $25 Amazon card from Dear Donna Freedman! I would like to clarify that she did not pick me, the random number generator picked me! I got all excited and misspoke. Or mistyped, however you want to look at it! Don't tell anyone but I still kinda think I am her favorite!
So we have gotten for free......................
American Express $25(gift card)
American Express $10 (gift card)
My Points $25 (gift card)
Send Earnings $27.94
Pinecone $72
Toluna $80
Amazon Gift card $125(won)
BP $300
HHGregg Visa cards $469.99
Jewel $40(from buying gift cards)
For a grand total of------$1173.93

I bought a $25 cinema gift card for $12.50 and I got that in the mail! I also bought this super awesome Plasma car for my nephew! It was $41.99 on Amazon. I used the gift code that I won and another $16.99 out of my free money stash.  He is going to LOVE this! You wiggle the handle back and forth to get it to move. Yes, I am an awesome Aunt-thank you very much!
This is what my stash looks like...............................

1 $10 Papa Johns gift card($5)
2 $25 Cinema gift card($12.50)
4 $25 Applebee's gift cards(full price)
3 $25 Kohls gift cards(full price)
1 $25 Barnes and Noble gift card(full price)
1 $25 American Express Card(free)
1 $10  American Express card(free)
1 $25 Bass Pro Shop Gift card(free)
4 $25 Amazon Gift Cards(I paid FULL PRICE)
2 $10 Boston Market Gift gift cards($5 each)
2 $10 Chili's gift cards(free)
1 $10 Chili's gift card($5)
1 plasma car paid $41.99 (40% off)
3 felt hats  at $1.93 each.  $5.79 for all(50% off)
2 Christmas bells at $4 each. $8 for all(50% off)
1 Shaggy D.A. DVD(free from Disney Movie Rewards worth $7.50)
1 tabletop ping pong for free(was $10 marked down to $5 used my CVS bucks to pay for it)
6 spatulas for1.92 each. $11.52 for all(70% off)
9 plates for 1.92 each. $17.28 for all(70% off)
11 cookies jars at 6.39 each. $70.29 for all(70% off)

I've spent $499.87. If I had paid full price, it would have been $915.33. I'm at 45.4% savings rate on the things that I have purchased.
This is getting harder and harder to keep track of. I have also earned some money Amazon gift codes with SavingStar, I'm not sure if I am going to use those for Christmas gifts. I have been using them for Birthday gifts. Will I ever pay for a gift? LOL. 
And done,
Sonya Ann

6 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

My son works for a bank that gives away gift cards as bonuses. He's already told us that he has been saving these gift cards for Christmas and will be splitting them between us as our gifts. Right now, he's up to $50 a piece. Not bad considering that's times 6.

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-That is so AWESOME! I just love how everyone is getting so creative with managing bills and gift giving!!!!

Jill said...

Great job! You rock ;-)

Sonya Ann said...

Jill-Thank you dear!

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, you do rock!

I have nothing to yell at you about this year. :-)

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Ok, I laughed really hard at that one!