Monday, October 8, 2012

Cookin' Hooch

This time it's not my fault! It really isn't. I blame Annie. She is a terrible influence.
Thanks to Annie, we now have a RECIPE to make Amaretto! I'm a very good girl and I behave except when it comes to gambling and Amaretto. We all have our weaknesses, I'm just really honest about them.
Since I didn't want us to go blind, I let Den cook the hooch. He loves to cook and because I like to keep my man happy, I let him make dinner and Amaretto for me. He really is blessed!
This is AMAZINGLY GOOD! He was a little upset that I didn't find a better container for his Amaretto. But not to fear, it won't be in there long!
We took some to his family reunion and it didn't last 15 minutes. Even his mom who doesn't drink, had one. It is better than DISARONNO.
The only thing that Den changed was he used, his homemade vanilla and he used vanilla sugar. YUM!
Have a drink on me,
Sonya Ann

16 comments:

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

I have been blamed for worse things than this.

Glad you like it; I haven't made mine yet.

Hawaii Planner said...

Oh my, that sounds amazing. And, we have similar vices. Mine is wine, & I LOVE Las Vegas too. ;-)

slugmama said...

You just made my day lady!
No, not in THAT way.....
I was just agonizing over what to give my oldest son's girlfriend for Xmas.
BINGO!

Sheila said...

Oh yummy! I love me some Hooch!

ChiTown Girl said...

Guess what everyone's getting for Christmas.... ;-)

Sonya Ann said...

Annie at Haphazard Homestead-So what are the worse things?
Try it, you will love it.

Sonya Ann said...

Hawaii Planner-I can't even imagine what kind of trouble we could get into.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-You will soon find out that you will be a pusher of this new drug. People are starting to beg and have withdrawals.

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-giggle

Sonya Ann said...

ChiTown Girl-I would use cheap Vodka just to keep the costs down. I was thinking about making some for Christmas too but I don't know where I could get some cute, small, cheap, bottles.

Mamma has spoken said...

Hummmmm, Amaretto and some OJ, my favorite breakfast drink ever :op Over here the sons are brewing beer. It's been sitting now for the last month, not sure when they are going to be drinking it...

Frances said...

Best recipe ever: Amaretto Freeze

Vanilla Ice Cream
Amaretto

Blend together.

YUM!

(No, I don't measure.)

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma has spoken-I have never tried it with orange juice. The wheels are turning!
Den was just talking about making beer. Lord help us.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances- Can I be you when I grow up?

Frances said...

Sonya Ann, yes you can!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-My life is complete! And you now have a minion.