Monday, October 1, 2012

Exciting Times People

There is going to be some action in my bedroom!Fine, I'm 40 and Den is going to be 39 on October 13th. The only action will be painting. You didn't fall for this one, did you?
 I looked high and low for before pictures of my room. Not happening. Well this is sort of a before with all the Indian stuff pact.
 It feels great just to be getting the house how we want it. We aren't aiming for perfect just better than before. For some reason, thinking about it like that doesn't overwhelm me or scare me away from the work.
 Yup, it's pretty tiny in our room.
And this is the mess of stuff that we have collected. We are going to hang it all on the walls before we paint. My MIL has an eye for color and decorating. She says to hang everything and live with it for a while. It does seem to help everything fall into place easier. Just look at it for a few days/weeks then decide.
Now for the hard part, wall paint. This is where Den and I fight. He thinks that he gets a say in it. Just as long as the room is blue, I'll shut up about it. No probably not.
I think we will have an accent wall of dark blue and then the other walls light blue. I also think that we are going to paint the bathroom one of the blues that we pick out.
I'll let you know if and when we paint. I really hope this doesn't turn into another "we really should buy a kitchen table" project and then do something else first. How much do you want to bet that the last thing that we buy is a new kitchen table? Never mind, I don't want to gamble. I'm still trying to "get clean."
Any projects at yours,
Sonya Ann

6 comments:

Mark said...

Hey, it's Mark, remember me?
I'm so excited about your bedroom re-do! Probably more excited than you and Den. Anyway, I was listening to the radio the other day and they were listing colors that enhance sex and what colors turn your off. I'm not sure where blue fell into that list but you can Google it and find it I'm sure. I love Blue this year. Seriously, colors come and go with me and this year I'm totally feeling blue. You know, the color, not the mood. But still, I'm here to tell you to not do the one wall this color and the other three another color. It was a trend that died quietly about 5 or 6 years ago. May it rest in peace. And never come back for that matter! So, pick a color and go with it. Now, with all that said, if you're still dying to do a different color on one wall, find a wallpaper that has your main color in it. That's a way of tying it all together.
Don't you just love how I appear out of nowhere and tell you what to do. By the way, your MIL gave you some great advice. A "good" Daughter In Law would listen to her!
m.

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

I say, if you want an accent wall, do it. It's your bedroom, after all. And you can always re-paint it the main color if you don't like it.

We have no interior projects going on for a change. Next up is probably painting the kitchen. We have wallpaper between the upper and lower cabinets and it's a pain in the butt to remove and replace. Plus all the cut-in painting above the cabinets, around doors, etc. It's the worst room in our house to paint, so I will probably put it off until I just can't stand it anymore or until I die, whichever comes first.

Sonya Ann said...

Mark-It is Mark, right? I can barely remember some wonderful and opinionated man that would stop by and leave a snarky comment from time to time. Fine, I'll say it. I missed you bad, don't let it go to your head!
Thank you for telling me about the 1 wall/3 wall is bad thing. But we did it in the front room and kitchen so......................what ya tryin to say? I'm leaving it. FYI. It kinda works and helped bring the two rooms into one. I have learned so much from you though. We are going to replace the couches. I'm thinking about a solid coffee color. Even Den likes the idea. So that means if we agree, you will probably hate it. Hahaha. But I get the idea of decorating a bit more now. It is still scary but way better than the off white walls that we lived with for years. I'm finding things and if I don't like them they get moved or put in the "pile" of stuff to find a new house. Garage saling has helped me find stuff.
Ummmm, you are right about my MIL and I listen to her not her son! But I'm not jazzed on the 1 wallpapered wall. I did that to my room when I was 12.
How about the bathroom a darker color than the bedroom but all in the same blue family-like a cool blue?
You really should start charging for decorating advice.

Sonya Ann said...

Annie-I HATE, repeat, HATE painting in the damned kitchen. It is the worst job ever. UGH!
We always have projects going on, it never seems to end and we never seem to be satisfied with it. Honestly, I'm not happy with the downstairs bathroom. I haven't told Den yet. I'll wait until we get the bedroom and bath done. I think we just need to gut the downstairs bath. He has said it too. The paint was more like a patch job until we can get the money together. And this is why the list is never ending.

Frances said...

I was really hoping to hear about some more fun action in the bedroom.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-We are old and boring now. So sad!