Monday, October 15, 2012

Girls and Cars

crappy pic I took with my phone a while ago!

I do a lot of praying in my head, I really do. I know that I don't come across as the type of person that prays a lot but I do and this is why.
This is an excerpt of what happened. Stay calm and roll your eyes.
Whenever Anna comes home, Den goes over her car. He is great about it. He really is. He gets up early before she leaves and always makes sure that it is running perfect even if he already went over it when she first got home. Mind you, this last time she came home, it started making this terrible squealing noise the night before she left. He used some sort of belt dressing. Sounds yummy but is actually belt grease. That seems to have helped. Bless him. 
Before Anna left, I made her put gas in her car. She likes to get it when she is close to empty. Even if it means stopping somewhere in Chicago. Ummmm no, get the damned gas so I don't have to worry. She has run out of gas before so I do have cause for alarm. Another Anna story for another day!
I went with her to get gas so we could spend as much time together as possible. Awwwww, I know. Den goes over the outside of the car, I always check the inside. She is pretty good about picking up wrappers and such but I still inspect. It's what Moms do, we criticize inspect.
As I'm looking around I notice there are dried water marks, drips, all around the moon roof.
And this is the conversation we had................................
Me-"Anna, did it rain in your car?'
Anna-"Oh my God, it rains terrible in here."
Me-"It rains in your car."
Anna-"I have to drive around with the blanket(we have supplies in case of an emergency in the trunk) over my head. One of my friend's had to hold it over us while we were driving down the road."
Me-"Did you think to pull over and look for the leak?"
Anna-"No."
Me-"Did you clean all of the water up?"
Anna-"Ummmmm, yeah." Which we all know means no. "It rained so bad that everthing was soaked even the material on ceiling."
Me-"Did you think to tell us about it?"
Anna-"No."
Mind you, she had just purchased a car wash and we had to run the car through.
Me-"Anna, did you think to close the moon roof?"
Anna-"Wait, what?"
I reach up and push the button to close it. It was open at least a quarter of an inch.
Anna-"Oh"
Surprise, surprise, surprise, it didn't leak at all when we went through the car wash.
In her defense, the moon roof has a sliding door thingy so she couldn't see that it was open. But why she didn't look is beyond me.
Because I just couldn't let it go I said, "The way that you do things is so upsetting to me. The chaos of it all."
Anna-"You get used to it."
Off to pray,
Sonya Ann

21 comments:

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

This is something my daughter would do. I'm talking about Kat's mom, not Kat, but now that I think about it, Kat might be the same way. Their "cause and effect" gene seems to be missing sometimes. :(

Mamma has spoken said...

I pray a lot too ;o)
As for the moon roof, I call that a learning experience on her part. She'll know better next time....

ChiTown Girl said...

Good Lord, that's too much! Sounds like something my son could easily do. ~~sigh~~

Jenny Woolf said...

Not sure I'd have been praying by the time I'd heard all that! :)

slugmama said...

Oh goodness!
Isn't she a bit OLD to be that....that.....you know?lol

And Annie RE:Kat....give the girl some slack. She is only 10, right? That cause and effect gene might kick in before she hits adulthood yet! ;-)

Sonya Ann said...

Annie-I can either get mad or just pray and roll my eyes. You may end up doing the same thing with Kat. Or we could just drink and it wouldn't seem to matter as much!

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-It's better than cussing, I guess.
I hope she learns from it but I won't bet on it.

Sonya Ann said...

ChiTown Girl-That is just one of many moments with that child!

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-Oh trust me, it is so hard to just sit and not start cussing. Sooooo hard!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-God only knows what is going on that she doesn't tell me about!

McVal said...

LOL!!! You are little miss Fixit!!!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Pressing the button to close the roof doesn't count. LOL

B-Kat said...

I can see my oldest doing that as well. Sometimes I wonder what goes on between the ears!!!

I find biting my tongue and humming "Why me Lord" Gets me out of the mood to throttle them!

Together We Save said...

Oh my goodness!!

Sonya Ann said...

B-Kat-Thank you for coming to see me!
It is so hard to be sane with kids sometimes!

Sonya Ann said...

Together We Save-You were being kind! I was thinking @!Q?$@# when she told me.

Frances said...

Anna sounds like Samantha. I am so sorry, SonyaAnn, but she may not grow out of it.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Not cool taking away any hope that I have!

Frances said...

Oh, wait...you can still have hope. Samantha's mom is like that, so that is where Sam gets it. You are NOT, so maybe Anna will outgrow it.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I'm not going to hold my breath. This is just one of many!

Sunny said...

OMG, that is too funny. I know I shouldn't laugh b/c if it was me I would not be pleased at all.
You are right with the praying. Anything else might get you locked up!! ;)