Monday, October 22, 2012

High on Carrot Fumes

 I can prove that my family is soooooooooooooooo strange. Carrots were obviously on sale by us. Den bought 21 lbs. It was 3lbs for a $1. Can't beat that!
So as Den was peeling, I was commenting on how HUGE some of them were. Like as in freak of nature huge. I set the peeler next to one of them so you could get an idea of how dangerous our veggies are. It had some weight to it too. So I picked up one and said that it could be a weapon.I may or may not have threatened Den with it. Den grabbed another one and slapped his palm with it. He said owwww and then was shaking his hand. D'uh. DJ was laughing at us. I pretty sure that he thought we were weird.
I then added that you could use one of those bad boys as a weapon. Just imagine that police report. Den said, "you could kick someone's ass with one of them and then stand over them and say, "What's up doc?"" Like a catch phrase.
We all were laughing really hard! I think it was the carrot fumes that were making us slap happy.
Anyways, we ended up with four bags of coined carrots. Not too bad. If we need a laugh maybe I'll go back and get some more.
Gettin' veggie stoned,
Sonya Ann

12 comments:

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

3 lb. for $1 is a good buy. Are you going to freeze them?

Sonya Ann said...

Annie-We froze it all. The deal is over and it is back to $.69 a pound. It is probably best that it is over though, I don't have any room left!

McVal said...

lol! And DJ didn't get the What's up Doc line at all, did he?? He just thought you guys were silly...
Good deal!!! I need to start opening my eyes when I'm at the store.

Mamma has spoken said...

That is a great price! Did you do anything to them before you freeze them? (no I'm not talking about a silent prayer, but did you blanch, or anything like that).

Sheila said...

What store is this? Insane prices!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I don't know if he got it, he just seemed to be thankful that no one was around to see how weird we are!

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma- No we didn't do anything to them. We never blanch carrots. Laziness!

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-It is a local store. Sorry! It's called Garden Fresh Market. The produce is amazing. Everything else in the store if super overpriced. That's ok though there is an Aldi right down the street so I go there for everything else. It's a 15+ minute drive from my house. We are getting an Aldi in January so I'm not sure if I will spend the money on gas to go there. The Aldi that I go to has terrible produce. I'm hoping that the new store will have better produce and I won't have to go all over to get what we need.

Jenny Woolf said...

haha! And the packs of chopped carrots look pretty lethal to me too

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny-Really, I have no life and this proves it!

Frances said...

You guys are crazy. You would fit in just fine in my family.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Yay!