Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Got This!

I can't believe this but I think I'll have all of the cash that I need for Christmas and possibly a surplus. ALL FOR FREE! Ok next year everyone is doing this with me. Once I got on a roll, it was easy! And boring everyone  blogging about it kept me inline.
So for more good news, I got $12 from Pinecone. And remember the little problem that I had with American Express? They sent me a $25 gift card. Yay for my big mouth!
So this is what I have................
American Express $25(gift card)
American Express $10 (gift card)
My Points $25 (gift card)
Send Earnings $27.94
Pinecone $66
Toluna $80
Amazon Gift card $100(won)
BP $275
HHGregg Visa cards $469.99
For a grand total of------$1078.93 all in FREE MONEY/Gift cards!
And the gifts thus far.............
1 $25 American Express Card(free)
1 $10  American Express card(free)
1 $10 Chili's gift card($5)
1 $25 Bass Pro Shop Gift card(free)
4 $25 Amazon Gift Cards(I paid FULL PRICE)
2 $10 Boston Market Gift card for $10
2 $10 Chili's gift cards(free)
3 felt hats  at $1.93 each.  $5.79 for all(50% off)
2 Christmas bells at $4 each. $8 for all(50% off)
1 Shaggy D.A. DVD(free from Disney Movie Rewards worth $7.50)
1 tabletop ping pong for free(was $10 marked down to $5 used my CVS bucks to pay for it)
6 spatulas for1.92 each. $11.52 for all(70% off)
9 plates for 1.92 each. $17.28 for all(70% off)
11 cookies jars at 6.39 each. $70.29 for all(70% off)
 I've spent $227.88. If I had paid full price, it would have been $585.38. I'm at 61% savings rate.

Let's be honest, all of that was for my benefit. Sorry. Ok and on to the real news..................
While on the plane to Vegas, if you signed up for a Spirit credit card, you got 7 free one way tickets. Yes, SEVEN. I signed up and so did Den. Not that we need 14 one way tickets but why the hell not. There was no annual fee for the first year and after that it is $19 a year. Plus you get all kinds of discounted flights and luggage fees. Hey, all I need is more free money and we can travel all over-well to Vegas.
I foresee some complaining in my future. I got the credit card and Den didn't. Ummmm, why? He is the one with the good job. Our credit score is 813, I don't think you can ask for more than that. I only applied because it was funny and I got one free ticket just for signing up. I know I can't tell them who to give a credit card to but COME ON..................we don't owe anyone anything except the mortgage!
Thanks for listening, I know that rant won't get me anywhere but I feel better.
;p,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

I've had the same problem with credit cards here lately too. Went to apply for one that offered 24 months same as cash and they turned me down! They gave it to hubby who was unemployed.

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-And now we know how big business helped get us into this mess.

McVal said...

LOL! Very impressive that you can clean house and send 14 people somewhere ONE way!!!! Gotta sign me up for some of THOSE!!!

slugmama said...

LOL McVal.
But you are forgetting the second part of that "send 14 people somewhere one way" deal.....while they are gone you have to MOVE.....so when they do come back they can't find you....lol

slugmama said...

SonyaAnn--My hacker Hat is off to you!
Free money and a free Xmas gift list is awesome with a Capital A!!!

If I had a big honking like to gift I'd be a tad more motivated to do what you do.
But I don't, so I don't....lol

but I love seeing you do it.
That sounded wrong, didn't it? ;-)

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Ok you really have your thinking cap on. Hmmmm, whose on the list?

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Do you think that I could find a credit card that will offer to move me as a reward?

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I'm just here to fulfill your every fantasy. I'm a giver, what can I say!

slugmama said...

I am sure there is a rewards cc out there for a moving company....get the card, use that co. to move and put it on the card, earn rewards for the move.

I tell ya, if we combined our Super Powers we could Rule the World!
Bwwaaahhhhhhhh!

Frances said...

Both of you have the same credit score? That is interesting. The CC companies look at a lot of stuff when making their decisions. I think it is impossible to figure it out.

Good for you on having Christmas taken care of!! I am so proud of you!

Hawaii Planner said...

Wow, you are doing a fantastic job getting prepared for the holidays! I need to get on my plan & at least make a list. :-)

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Actually, I looked and my score is two points higher than his. Bahaha.
I feel so relieved to have Christmas taken care of. It was always a huge worry. I know, I know its my fault for spending so much. But we have such a small life style so I think it is ok to splurge on this.

Sonya Ann said...

Hawaii Planner-I always feel relieved when I have a list. I really need therapy.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-If we are super heroes, do we have to wear tights? Everything else is perfect but that part. I'm not so hot in tights.