Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My 'Mas Mess

This is getting boring even for me. Well, maybe more for you. It is getting confusing for me. I'm having to send text messages to my email account to remind myself what is going on and how much I have saved. Look at everything I'm doing just to bore the hell out of you. Feel loved.
Ok, this is the part where you can argue with me. I'll listen but I'm still going to do it my way. It's my challenge to myself so self decides the rules.
I did the Jewel deal(buy $100 in gift cards and get a $20 catalina for groceries back). I bought $200 worth of gift cards($40 free). The cool thing is I used the American Express card with $200 on it. That $200 has done well by me! I used the free money that I have earned and loaded it onto a prepaid American Express credit card. They sent me $35 in American Express gift cards for doing that. Then I used that credit card to buy the gift cards from Jewel and got another $40 free. So $75 in free money on top of the original $200 being free! I'm a little awesome.
I used the two $20 cats for our groceries and then put the $40 in the Christmas fund. Geez, all that to tell you I got another $40. I'm betting that you aren't even reading this part! Have your eyes glazed over?
So......................
American Express $25(gift card)
American Express $10 (gift card)
My Points $25 (gift card)
Send Earnings $27.94
Pinecone $69
Toluna $80
Amazon Gift card $100(won)
BP $300
HHGregg Visa cards $469.99
Jewel $40(from buying gift cards)
For a grand total of------$1146.93

I got a $10 Papa Johns gift card for 50% off in the mail.I never count anything until I have it in my hot little hands.  I also got a $25 Regal cinema gift card for 50% off.
At Jewel, I bought 4 $25 Applebee's gift cards, 3 $25 Kohls gift cards, 1 $25 Barnes and Noble gift card. I'm counting them as paying full price. I did earn $40 but it is going into the Christmas $ pot. Again, my challenge my rules.

This is what I have gathered so far for Christmas...............................
1 $10 Papa Johns gift card($5)
1 $25 Cinema gift card($12.50)
4 $25 Applebee's gift cards(full price)
3 $25 Kohls gift cards(full price)
1 $25 Barnes and Noble gift card(full price)
1 $25 American Express Card(free)
1 $10  American Express card(free)
1 $25 Bass Pro Shop Gift card(free)
4 $25 Amazon Gift Cards(I paid FULL PRICE)
2 $10 Boston Market Gift gift cards($5 each)
2 $10 Chili's gift cards(free)
1 $10 Chili's gift card($5)
3 felt hats  at $1.93 each.  $5.79 for all(50% off)
2 Christmas bells at $4 each. $8 for all(50% off)
1 Shaggy D.A. DVD(free from Disney Movie Rewards worth $7.50)
1 tabletop ping pong for free(was $10 marked down to $5 used my CVS bucks to pay for it)
6 spatulas for1.92 each. $11.52 for all(70% off)
9 plates for 1.92 each. $17.28 for all(70% off)
11 cookies jars at 6.39 each. $70.29 for all(70% off)

I've spent $445.38. If I had paid full price, it would have been $820.38. I'm at 45.7% savings rate on the things that I have purchased.
Now get a cup of coffee to wake yourself back up,
Sonya Ann

10 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

Still buying cats I see :o/
I have nothing, nada, zip, zilch bought for Christmas yet. Though I am going on a bus trip to my favorite place on earth this week-end. Maybe I'll start then. BUT problem is, what I get for gifts, I want to keep for myself ;o)

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-You better get crackin'. We have 2 months!

McVal said...

I'm UP! I'm UP!!!
And as usually, I'm very impressed.. All I've done so far is dream about how we're going to either make or buy gifts for everyone...
I suck.

slugmama said...

I've been buying Xmas gifts in between pouring back hard cider shots. Can you guess I am not in Kanas anymore ToTo?lol

I had a few drinks and now am seeing double, so you have double the savings rate as far as I'm concerned! ;-)

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-LOL you don't suck-you are busy!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Have a few for me! And I figured you would have quite a stash for Christmas already.

Hawaii Planner said...

You're doing great! I've bought one Nerf gun set for the nephews from Costco. The price was great, & I guess I get a small rebate from Costco on all my purchases. So, I said at least $.04 or something. ;-)

Sonya Ann said...

Hawaii Planner-Giggle, way to go on your $.04.
I think that it is great that you are shopping already. It makes life so much easier at the holidays to have most of it done.

Frances said...

SonyaAnn you are a LOT awesome!! I am really proud of you.

But did you count those "full price" gift cards in your actual cost? I thought they were bought with free money?

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I am confusing the Hell out of everybody even myself!
I have it in two separate categories. The first on being, where I get the free money and how much I have.
The second one is what I buy and how much I pay for it. So everything in this category is actually free because I am only spending free money. But I am tracking it anyways. I'm tracking how much it was and if I got it at a discount.
Confusing-yes! But it is all free. The money was free and then I'm trying to use the free money to buy everything at a discount.
And all of that probably didn't explain it!