Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm Mean to the Boy

Maybe there is a reason that the DJ doesn't like to talk to me. I'll let you decide. Oh and to be perfectly clear, I'm all for giving blood to the blood bank or a sexy vampire.
And our conversation went a little something like this.....................
DJ-"Sign this." He pushes a paper at me.
Me-Skims it quickly and then say incredulously,"You are going to give blood?"
DJ-"Just sign it."
Me-"You got sick when you sliced your finger open and that was just a small injury. You had to go lay down!"
DJ-shaking the paper at me, "Just sign it."
Me-"Your sister gave blood twice and she was sick as a dog both times! It took the nurses 2 hours just to get her so she could stand again! And she is tougher than you."
DJ-"MOM SIGN THE PAPER!"
Me-"You do know that we have a $500 deductible on our insurance."
DJ-Giving me the stink eye, "I will be fine."
Me-"So you are willing to pass out at school?"
DJ-"MOM!!!!!"
Me-"When you see your blood going drip, drip, drip into a plastic bag you will be out cold." Side note-I am not usually this mean or blunt but it is a well known fact that any Mott will pass out at the sight of blood. Even talking about it has made a few of them sick. They are not the family to be around in a crisis. Trust me, it ain't pretty. I was talking about a broken finger once and my SIL had to lay her head on the table. And DJ is the worst one.
DJ-"I will be fine." He did look a bit pale after I said about his blood going drip, drip, drip.
Me-"Fine." I took the paper and signed it. And then to add insult to injury to show my support I said, "I will bet you $5 you get sick."
For some reason, that child just walked away disgusted with me. I will never figure that kid out. Needless to say, I owe him $5. He was so proud of himself that he didn't pass out! Maybe he will take after me and the sight of blood won't bother him anymore. Let's just pray that he doesn't take after my mouth.
Donate,
Sonya Ann

4 comments:

McVal said...

lol! That is one tough, but kind hearted kid.

slugmama said...

No wonder he doesn't talk to you....lol
Can I take lessons so mine won't talk to me anymore?hehehe

Unknown said...

McVal-The poor thing didn't have a chance growing up here.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Send him to me!!!