Thursday, December 6, 2012

Bedroom Stories


TaDa! This is what our house looks like now. Just kidding. This is what we do to Anna's room when she isn't around. We load it up with stuff when we paint. Could you imagine what I would have done to her if she messed up her room like this when she lived here? There would have been a whole lotta complaining, a massive fight and I probably would have posted about it. But when I do it, its fine.

We redid our bedroom and I completely forgot to post the pictures. I'll blame it on all the Christmas shopping that I have been doing. If you want to know what the bedroom looked like before, go here. We changed the wall color and added a few decorations most of which were from garage sales. I didn't change the bedding but it is on the list. Or maybe I could get away with a few throw pillows to add a little color.


I'm so happy with the room now. It just feels cleaner.
Den and I are still on a roll with updating the house. He was just saying how he wants to work on the game room. I would prefer that we work on the nasty laundry room. Oh well, one cheap project at a time.
Oh I almost forgot, the most expensive part of our entire house update-$300 on paint. I think that is pretty cheap for giving the house a new leash on life.
Off to find another project,
Sonya Ann

10 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Looks beautiful. Pale colours are always nicer although i like an accent of something really bright

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-I feel the exact same way! I think that I will try and find some bright red pillows after Christmas. It needs something and I like the fact that if it is too bold I can take them off the bed.

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

I like the wall art a lot. I agree that something red would be eye-catching. Our room is slightly Asian as well, with bamboo greens and browns in the bedding and furniture, buttery yellow walls, and a bright red floor lamp. It sounds garish, but it works.

Hawaii Planner said...

Great project! And, I vote definitely for a bright accent color.

Mamma has spoken said...

When I updated the boys' bathroom, all the crap from that room was in MY bedroom. What was suppose to take a week-end to do took TWO weeks!!! Two weeks of crap all over my dresser and floor making it hard to get ready in the mornings. Looks great now, but next project upstairs will find a better place to be besides my room. Oh wait, I think my room is the next update project......never mind.......

Sonya Ann said...

Annie at Haphazard Homestead-Thank you.
I'm color-blind. I'll start there. I always have my MIL help me. She is an amazing artist/painter. So she really does well with colors. And I like her style so I feel safe. I wasn't sure about the butter walls and the tan comforter but she says that it works. I thought maybe a red comforter but she said that it would be too much.
I'm just glad that the Indians have moved on. We had those decorations for 17 years. They are nice but needed to find a new reservation.

Sonya Ann said...

Hawaii Planner-Thank you!
I'm going to be cheap and wait until after Christmas to get a couple of pillows.

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma has spoken-It makes me nuts when the house is tore up!
Our next project(I think) is putting in a ceiling in the laundry room. That is going to be one hell of a mess.

Frances said...

I am thinking that the bed would look absolutely fabulous if Den sprawled on it in a leopard print speedo. Yes, ma'am!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-And you would be alone in that thought, dear! But, bahahaha!