Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Mott Gutts

 Some people like to post and brag a smidge about themselves and their homes. Not me, no sir. I like to show you everything even the bowels of our home otherwise known as the laundry room.
The mess that you see above is our freezer. It is on its last leg or should I say lid. Yes, the stuffing is coming out of it or as some of you would like to call it, insulation.
And if you look at the lower right of this picture, you will see that my laundry basket is even being held together with duct tape. My grandfather was the cheapest man I have ever met. He bought me that laundry basket for Christmas. He died in 1995. That laundry basket is at least 19 years old. The handles and lid are gone but hey it still holds dirty clothes so it gets to stay.
I brought the laundry basket down to strike fear into the heart of the freezer. It needs to know that it is in for the long haul. I will give it credit though, it is now forming a protective layer of ice around the top to help seal itself. It has learned its place. Ok, I will admit that I squeeze the last bit of life out of everything around here but I am starting another fund. A beautiful freezer fund. Right around February, Jewel has a freezer sale. Buy a freezer for about $160 and get $160 in free coupons. I will see to it that my freezer makes it until then even if I have to pull out the duct tape to get it to comply.
Leave a nice comment or I will use the duct tape on you,
Sonya Ann

18 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

Another motivation to get a new freezer: the money you'll save on electricity because I'm sure that lid is wasting a lot of it ;o)

Mark said...

I keep duct tape in my nightstand drawer. You never know when you might need it. wink!
Good luck with that freezer.
m.

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

1) We bought our gas grill with one of those deals: $130 for the grill, get $130 back in coupons for free groceries. Cheap-o grill is still working fine after 2 years.

2) If you don't do the freezer deal, check craigslist. Always lots of good freezers on there at decent prices. We bought both of ours, our daughter's and my MIL's all that way.

3) Duct tape comes in all sorts of bright colors and designs now. If you're artistic enough, you may just want to keep the old freezer.

D.Lynn said...

There are only 2 necessities in life, duct tape and WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. See, life simplified~ :)

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-I like to tell myself that the ice is helping keep the electricity costs down! I lie to myself!

Sonya Ann said...

Mark-I pray for you more than you will ever know!

Sonya Ann said...

Annie-I like to get every minute I can out of our appliances. I think it is time to let this one go. I have a bad feeling about it.
Some of the local blogger, blog about when to use all the free coupons from the freezer deal like bogo deals.
And thank you for thinking that I'm artistic, I'm not sure if duct tape is my medium though.

Sonya Ann said...

D.Lynn-You really are a genius!

Hawaii Planner said...

We all have our quirks. ;-) I like how the freezer is now scared into compliance.

slugmama said...

Duct tape is your friend.....and mine!

If that freezer starts getting 'uppity' again, just tape a picture of the local dump to the washer so it can see where it's headed if it doesn't straighen up and get right.
Plahying a little passive aggressive mind game with it won't hurt....

j udy said...

I love my duct tape(not thinking dirty thoughts about Mark and duct tape). I have to admit I have two laundry baskets that look like that also..but as long as the tape holds they will keep working!!!!

Sonya Ann said...

Hawaii Planner-I wish I could scare the kids and the hubs that easy!;p

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-You may be taking it a bit too far with taping pictures around! LOL

Sonya Ann said...

j udy-Laundry baskets just take a beating. I have two others that I got from the dollar store that need some tape work!

McVal said...

Oh honey!!! Can't you use a gift card that you've earned on yourself??!
And there are rooms I will NOT take pictures of. That's for my nieces and nephews to take during Christmas and post on FB... And they better not tag me on them or I will not get them a gift next year...

Frances said...

Interesting....our laundry basket is several years old and looks brand new. I guess Hubby is not hard on it.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I would definitely threaten the nieces and nephews before the party even started!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I bet my laundry basket wishes that sweet knees was his owner and not me!