Thursday, December 13, 2012

Numbers and Words!

First our numbers!!!!!!
I've finished shopping. I wish that I could say that I'm done wrapping too, oh and that the damned cookies were all made with love. Not!
Anyways, I managed to have a COMPLETELY FREE CHRISTMAS! We managed to scrape together $1573.65 and we spent $1541.57! Yes, I rule!
I know, I know, I know, we spend way to much. $1541.57 is too much to spend on gifts. The way I see it is we don't go to the movies, we don't go out to eat. We live a very simple life style except for Christmas. Everyone needs to splurge(well you get to splurge if you have no bills) and this is ours. Could I cut back? Probably but it would ruin the last little bit of joy that Christmas actually gives me. Sorry but I am the Grinch. I'm never happy about wrapping, making cookies, or dragging a dead tree in the house. But I do love to give gifts.
Will we cut back? No. We have tried and it just didn't work for us. I need to admit to our flaws and work with them. So I will continue to try and "find" money to pay for our Christmas.
And now on to the words...........................
Den's grandpa sent us our Christmas cards early. Everyone in the house knows that as soon as you get a gift, you write the thank you card. "If you can't write a thank you card, you never deserved the damned gift in the first place. Send it back," that was the phrase that my wonderful grandmother would use on me when I was a kid and didn't want to write a thank you card. I've used that phrase many times on my kids.
Anywho, DJ got out the thank you card basket, found a card and started to write. I keep a dictionary in the basket because none of us are great spellerz. DJ decided that we should make thank you card writing more interesting by flipping through the dictionary, sticking your finger in the pages as they flip, and land on a word. Then you have to try and incorporate that word into the card. He landed on flagellation, it means to flog. The boy needs help!
Off to flagellant,
Sonya Ann

18 comments:

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

Only you could work all of that into one post...only you.

Sonya Ann said...

Annie-It is either a gift or ADHD!

slugmama said...

Tell DJ to change Flagellation to Flatulation. I think he'd have a much easier time working that one into his thank you card.lol

Congrats on your FREE CHRISTMAS!!! Take the leftover money and go to Vegas Baby, Vegas!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-You would fit right in here! That word was brought up!
Hahaha, there is about $40 left!

McVal said...

MAN! When I say, you are good... you are GOOD! I always have good intentions for Thank yous... but the kids never seem to get them out the door. So we call or send an email if we remember... I'm surprised they still get gifts!
Congratulations on your free Christmas! I am going to attempt that next year, but like the Thank you cards, it will fail miserably...

Mamma has spoken said...

Thank you cards? I do give them to the students who give me a gift but not anyone else.........

Hawaii Planner said...

Dude, if you could have only seen my sleepovers growing up. Me + my equally dork friends, sitting in a circle with our sleeping bags, playing the dictionary game. Friend randomly picks a page & a word. You have to spell it & define it. Winner got an extra fudgsicle.

We lived large at my house. ;-)

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, you are amazing! Yes, you are.

Maybe I will stockpile up my rewards points and $$ next year and see if I can do a free Christmas. We are pretty close, but not free.

Wasim Ahmed said...

Hello!

I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

man and van surbiton

Jane said...

Thank yous are not my daughter's strong suit. I remind her several times and then give up hoping there will be nothing under the tree from her relatives the next year, except for possibly a hair coat for self flagellation :) See, it's an easy word to fit into any paragraph!!
I budget $1500 for Christmas every year (from my pay, not FREE money like yours!) and somehow it's never enough, though it's not just for gifts it's also for booze, groceries, booze, wrapping paper and booze...did I mention booze?

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-A call is better than a card and cheaper! But my grandmother's voice lurks in my head and I'm too afraid of what she will do in there if I don't do as she says!

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-I like your way better! Saves a ton of time!

Sonya Ann said...

Hawaii Planner-I would have lost EVERY TIME! I just can't spell! But it sounds like some awesome memories were made!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Well shucks!
Post about it and I will be over the moon happy! Free money does it for me!

Sonya Ann said...

Wasim Ahmed-Thank you so much for coming to visit me!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-Wait did you mention booze? I sometimes engage in self flagellation when there is booze involved. I get a lot of strange looks in public.

Wasim A said...

Hello!

I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.


Man and Van Surbiton

Shakeel Ahmed said...

I am very thankful to you for outstanding post. Perfectly composed information really experienced knowledge. I really enjoying and I’m going to bookmark so i can read new articles you post in future.

Man And Van Guildford