Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bragging

I'm at it again. I have no shame. I already have $166 for Christmas 2013!
I got $5 from Magazines.com. You could sign up for $5 off of an order or just a $5 check. I have the feeling that that didn't work out so well for them. I got $6 from Pinecone research for 2 surveys. I also got a $75 rebate check from Energy Plus. Long story short on them, change electricity providers get $75 back after 2 months service and 3% cash back yearly. Awesome! And I did a gift card deal at Jewel. If you bought $100 worth of gift cards, you got a catalina/coupon for $20. I did it 4 times. So I earned $80 for free for Christmas and I'm done birthday and Anniversary shopping for the year save one or two gifts. I hate braggarts too.
So this is where we are on the 3rd day of the new year..................

$5    free check from magazines.com
$6    Pinecone research(surveys)
$75   Energy Plus(electricity rebate)
$80   Jewel(bonus for buying gift cards)

$166 so far.
I'm also going to include anything that I get from swagbucks this year. That should help a bit.
So is anyone else going to join me and try and find a few different ways to come up with some free money for Christmas. Yes, its a dare. The only rule is you have to track it and you have to brag.
Damned braggart,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

sorry sweetie but I just took down my tree so the last thing I am thinking about is Christmas......

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-I still have to clean the carpets. yuck.

Cheapchick said...

I have $20 in Amazon GCs from Swagbucks for Christmas 2013 so far this year. I also have a $20 credit from the Shopping Chanel that is useable until the end of the year that they sent me a as a thank you for my first purchase. This year more than every people have to plan ahead!

slugmama said...

I don't know if I want to get into a pissing, er....bragging match with YOU sweetie!!
I would surely lose.

But then again, we could call it the Braggarts Club....that would be awesome! lol

Are you going to hit any clearance sales and buy crap this year or just do cash and gift cards until you go shopping in the Fall?

slugmama said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-You are doing great so far. It just made this past Christmas a breeze having all the money we needed and the gifts bought. Now if they would only wrap themselves. It makes the New year really a happy time.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Well thank you kindly! And I love the Braggarts Club!
I don't think that I will hit any of the sales. I haven't yet and just don't feel the urge. Odd that has never happened before. Maybe I am ill?

McVal said...

I am! Well, going to try. Well... do the best I can. I've told my husband about your success and he said that if (for example) we get $100 in gift cards at Walmart for a $20 one. Can we take those gift cards back in to buy more of the same gift cards and just keep reusing them?? Or would they just see right thru that...

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-You can only buy certain gift cards in order to get the free $20. Nice try though!

Sonya Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frances said...

Good for you, SonyaAnn!! Way to start out the new year! I have $33 in my Amazon gc balance that I got for free, but I will probably use that for me and not keep it until Christmas. LOL!

Thank you for using Energy Plus as your electrity provider. My company owns that company. You are helping to pay my salary!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Good for you on the savings-I think you should spend it on you too!
So does this make me your boss?

Frances said...

Oh, SonyaAnn, you can always be the boss of me.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Welp, you're screwed!