Thursday, January 17, 2013

Fat Empty-nesters

Why is it that I will tell you the things that I would never say in "real" life? I think I have issues or something.
Last week, DJ went away to U of I for a tech camp. So Den and I got to practice being empty-nesters. This is not a bad thing to practice. Is it wrong to admit that we were so happy we were giddy? Ok, I won't go that far but it was nice. So nice. We decided that we would like to practice for longer. I'm so ashamed to admit that. We are supposed to say that raising children has been the highlight of our lives. Well, there were moments that were Gifts and then there were moments that were sanctioned by the devil.
I have also decided to lose a few pounds. I want to be in great shape so I have the strength and energy to pack DJ in a year and a half. I'm using Lose It. My BFF got me involved with it. She is great. But she has lost more than me so she isn't that great. Just kidding, she would be my besty even if she was super model thin and I was the same blob that I have always been. I might have to push her down though. Don't tell her I said that, I want the shoving to come as a surprise.
Happiness,
Sonya Ann


15 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

Empty nester? Hell, I've been waiting for so long and they won't leave! Guess Bonnie's Bed, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and free laundry will have to stay open ;)

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-Maybe it is better at your house than mine. These kids want to "fly."

j udy said...

But they come back.....

slugmama said...

Judy--Only if you don't change the locks!
Or move...... ;-)

Sonya Ann said...

j udy-Stop saying that!hahaha

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I think we should move to VEGAS! Just a thought.

McVal said...

lol! I feel the same way about empty nesting! BRING IT ON!!!

And I want to lose about 30 lbs and I'd be in heaven!!! and in about a size 14 jeans... That would be pretty swell too...

Sheila said...

I like My Fitness Pal...looks similar to Lose It.

B-Kat said...

Oh Sonya Ann you make me laugh! Some times have been sanctioned by the devil. You are so right. I always say little kids- little problems, big kids - big problems. Thank goodness for booze!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Well I cheated a bit. We will see how the rest of the weekend goes.

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-I need help with this one. I'm hopeful!

Sonya Ann said...

B-Kat-Yes, bless booze!

Frances said...

Yeah, I know I am a late responder. But you know how Hubby and I love being empty nesters.

And we made sure there was no room for them to come back. Oh sure they can visit. Heck, we will even let them sleep on the couch or Hubby's queen sized air mattress. But not for long. :-)

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-You are everything that I aspire to be. hahaha