Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Fly'em High

This is a picture of a nasty old hand towel hanging in my nasty old laundry room. Our laundry room is deplorable. I hate it in there so to compensate I spend a lot of time in there. ;p That room is on the To Do List.
I like to clean, I really do. I'm one of the few people that don't mind it. I have passed this strange obsession on to Anna, I'll have you know. She finally found a job! She is cleaning empty apartments. And she will be able to work there all summer. Boo. I will miss her.
Anywho, I saw a tip on Pinterest. Yes, I know I am spending too much time there. If you soak a towel in your favorite fabric softener and hang it to dry, your entire house will smell clean. I love a good cheat when it comes to cleaning. This works very, very well! The house smells amazing. And when it stops smelling, you can spray it with water and it will smell good all over again. Or you can use it as a dryer sheet. Awesome!
I love my boys. But they smell from time to time. I'm thinking about stringing together a few of these soaked towels and hanging them like flags in the game room or DJ's room. It will look like a used car lot but I'm ok with that.
Thanks for coming to see me,
Sonya Ann

10 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

I do love the smell of dryer sheets, hence why the dryer is always running at my house ;o)

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

I love that idea:0 Will definetly try it. Who doesn't love a pretty smelling house:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-My house smells great! It works really well.

Sonya Ann said...

www.MaisonStGermain.com-Its cheap and easy-its me made over.

Out My window said...

Great idea, I don't like fabric softener as is, it makes my towels not want to pick up moisture, but what a great idea!

slugmama said...

Having achieved getting your teen to not live at home during the Summer?....Priceless!

Now if you could only figure out how to get DJ and Den to follow suit you'd have the PERFECT Summer....lolol

Frances said...

Good for Anna for finding a summer job. Sorry you will miss her, but it will be nice for her have a summer job she doesn't hate. I have a friend that used ot clean out empty houses and empty apartments. She used to get a TON of good free stuff! Of course, sometimes there was gross stuff. But she loved it.

Sonya Ann said...

Out My Window-It really does smell great in the laundry room. I'm happy that this experiment turned out.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Imagine the trouble we could get in? You would have to come stay with me!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Well we now know that cleaning people's filth is better than working at 6 Flags. That is pretty bad.