Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cooper's Balls

I have been wasting a ton of time educating myself over at Camp Wander. I don't know if you know this or not but I will do just about anything to save us money. I love to experiment on my family. It's good for them and builds character.
I made lovely dryer balls. Yup, old socks(roll one sock in the other) and essential oil(15 to 20 drops inside the "ball"((I used tangerine essential oil because it was cheap and all I had))). I wrote on them so no one would try and put them away. Not that anyone ever does laundry but in the hopes that someone will get the urge, they wouldn't put these old socks back. I labeled the first one "DB" well for dryer ball and then I named the other one "Cooper." I live only to make myself laugh.
I would like to say that if you write on your homemade dryer balls with permanent marker, you are going to have to wash them. Smelly, smelly.
This really did make the clothes smell, orangey. And I was shocked at how much faster everything dried.  I think I will be adding a few more of Cooper's balls to the dryer.
Ms. Cheap,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

D.Lynn said...

DB Cooper! Love you SA - a gal with a sense of humor that rivals my own :)Way to have balls!

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

I remember when that DB Cooper movie came out in the early 80s. My boyfriend and I were so bored that we left in the middle and went parking. Then again, with that choice on the table, it was hard to find any movie we were willing to sit through.

Anyhoo...I have thought about felted wool dryer balls that are supposed to fluff laundry and discharge static, but haven't tried them yet. I use an old bath towel with safety pins in it to speed drying and reduce static.

slugmama said...

Finally! DB Cooper has been found in SonyaAnn's dryer. I am not surprised though since Chicago land is lousy with gangsters...lol
Too bad you didn't find DB's money tho.....lol

Sonya Ann said...

D.Lynn-We are a naughty pair.

Sonya Ann said...

Annie-You park? Never!!! You are ruining your squeaky clean image.
I think I will throw a few more "balls" in there just to see what happens.
I have been thinking about getting a clothes line for Anna's room. I'm not sure yet. I hate to change her room and then have her come back. I miss her terrible anymore and would feel guilty about "wiping" her out of the house.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I never find any money! I guess I will stick to saving it.

McVal said...

cool!!!! I've never heard of that before. I mean.. I've heard of balls before... Might have to try that. I'm getting sick of buying Bounce all the time...

Frances said...

I may have to try this. Anything to get laundry to dry faster.

ND Chic said...

Have you seen Without A Paddle? Hilarious movie!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Hmmmmm, there might be a small bit of naughtiness in you.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-It does seem to work and quite well.

Sonya Ann said...

ND Chic-Yes, I have. We all really liked it.

Sheila said...

Oh your post titles crack me up and they look so funny on my frugal blog LMAO!

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-So sorry!LOL